thirty-five

Before

Sai did as he said and lay across the bed, face down. The room was dimly lit by dozens of candles, putting her in a calm trance. Desmond placed his legs on either side of her.

"Don't fall asleep on me now," Desmond said behind her. She chuckled realizing her eyes were about to shut.

He grabbed the scented oil and rubbed it over his hands before placing them on her back. He could tell she was tense and just wanted to please her.

Her smile, her aura, everything about her enticed him. Desmond felt the need to control that, and if keeping Sai with him longer would ensure he had total control, he decided to do anything he could to make her happy.

Lately she had been irritated, because of school he guessed. He wondered if Sai was seeing someone else that was causing her mood swings.

Part of him was insecure; she could have anyone she wanted and she was with him. Though Sai always told him that she was only with him. She had never lied to him at this point in their relationship.

Desmond worked his hands into her shoulders first, releasing the tension she held. His thumbs moved in circles around her worked-up body.

Sai buried her face into the pillow and enjoyed how good the massage felt. It hurt, as a massage should, in just the right ways.

Janet Jackson's 'Any Time, Any Place' played over the Bluetooth speaker, making Sai dance in her position. "My aux skills are immaculate, son. This is it right here." He let her have her moment since tonight was going to be about her.

He shook his head at her and continued down to her lower back. She winced as soon as he hit that spot. "Yeah I know that shit right there hurt, the way I be having you bent over," he smirked. Their sex life was doing more than fine.

Sai reached back and mushed his head. It felt like they were both always horny and having sex, but she didn't mind. Sai wanted to get as much experience as she could.

Her mindset had changed greatly during the past couple of weeks. She became more outgoing, doing things that were not like her. Sai wasn't shy or anything, but she was only truly herself with her people. Recently, she had stopped hanging around them so much. Her 'person' was now Des.

With that also came confusion. She couldn't tell if she actually liked him or if she had just latched on the next person she found. Either way, she was down for the ride.

'Cater 2 U' was the next song to play through the speaker. Sai sang along, enjoying the vibe of their romantic evening.

"Beyonce was doing too much in this one with the ad-libs," she commented.

"Her ass back there oohhwahwahwah," he tried mocking the singer. Sai began cracking up at his failed attempt at singing.

The day didn't start off so well, so she was surprised he was doing this at all.

She had been taking extra classes to try and graduate a year earlier. Her workload was piling up. At the same time, she was looking for jobs at labs looking for chemists. Nothing had fallen through for her just yet, and she was stressing herself out. She and Des had gotten into it this morning about her attitude. While his words came as extremely harsh, she knew he was right.

However, she had never seen him step out of character like that.

"Turn it down real quick," he said. The words of the song got him thinking of what he wanted to say to her. She turned it down from her home screen and listened for whatever he was going to say.

Before starting he grabbed some lotion to finish off the massage.

"I got hot with you this morning, and I apologize that you made me get that way. I'on like arguing with you." He lied straight through his teeth. He liked the adrenaline conflict gave him. He had kept the same energy with Sai as he did with his other partners.