twenty-seven

Sai

Neisha wasn't picking up but I was already on the way to her place. I sent her a text letting her know I was gonna wait for her there.

I turned up the radio to distract me from my loud thoughts. After exiting and stopping at a couple lights, I was at their building.

The spare was under the mat, and I used it to let myself in. It looked exactly how it looked a couple months ago, the last time I was here. Shawn wasn't here either, so I don't have to face him. I went around the kitchen to the extra room they had. I plugged in my charger and phone and got under the covers.

I closed my eyes, but the drowsiness I felt earlier wasn't strong. Thirty minutes of staring at the ceiling later, I heard the door open. It must have been Shawn. I didn't feel like getting up or announcing my presence by yelling. I unlocked my phone and sent him a text, saying I was here.

Instead of texting back he decided to come to the room. I don't feel like dealing with him at the moment, cause I know he finna be on the bs.

"What's up with you?" Shawn entered the guest room where I had made myself at ease. I tried to stop myself from falling asleep in the middle of our conversation. "Nothin'. I just wanted to visit. Haven't been here in a while."

He nodded, didn't say anything back, and stood in the doorway. It felt awkward and I just wanted him out so I could sleep. I needed to talk to Neisha but she wasn't here, nor was she picking up. I didn't want to be a bother so the plan was to take this nap until she arrived.

"Is that all?"

Shawn entered the room completely now and closed the door behind him. So much for getting in that nap. "So you go ghost and then come at me crazy? At my crib?" I rolled my eyes.

"I really haven't done nothing for you to say that I'm coming at you crazy, next."

"Sai, you know you ain't talked to me in weeks. I ain't heard nothing from you; whatever Neisha tells me is what I know. Now I finally see you, and yeen wanna talk." I smacked and sat up in the bed. I could feel myself getting more irritated; all the sleepiness was drained out of me and I was well aware that an argument was about to start.

"You act like you couldn't text me or call me when you got my number. Why I have to do it first? A phone works both ways." We glared at each other.

"I can tell you mad at me."

"I never even said that," I rolled over facing away from him and started scrolling on my phone. Shawn is that person who you could really tell anything to, believe it or not. Yeah, he gave a nonchalant attitude at times but we all know how much he cares. Right now his face had a bored, blank expression. But who really knows what he thinking about?

I want his help, but I have no energy left to ask for it. I have no idea what to do.

When Des put his hands on me, I ain't believe it at first. I thought I was dreaming, until the next day when I woke up on the floor and he was gone. The bruises were there, painful and visible. Luckily I had no classes that day. I stayed home and tried to get my shit together. I didn't tell anyone what was going on with me.

And after two days he still ain't come back. I've texted and called but with no reply.

Who I really wanted to talk to was Tia. She was my older sister who I missed so much, despite how betrayed I feel. I don't wanna keep running to Neisha with my problems. Sooner or later she will get tired of me. I miss having multiple people to talk to, Months ago I wouldn't even have this problem.

Look at me now.

I am ashamed to tell anyone what happened to me. And as time goes by, I'm more inclined to just let it go and forget about it.