seventeen

Sai

Sai

The smell of barbecue floated through the house and the backyard. Our party would be starting in a couple of hours and we were getting everything ready. Well the boys were getting everything ready. We, on the other hand, were sitting on the couch in Tia's living room.

"How much money y'all think we're going to make?" Neisha asked as she walked from the kitchen over to where we were sitting. There was no space left on the couch so she sat in my lap.

"Alotttt, honey. I will be going shopping once we split it." Bree said. We all had on our bikinis, or in Ada's case her one piece. I was ready for it to start; boredom was setting in.

"Wayment. How about we leave the boys out of the cut?" Tia whispered. It wasn't a bad idea, I mean, did they even know we were making money off of this? It was settled: we would split the money five ways between each of us.

I sat and watched Eli grill while shirtless. He was so damn fine and I was glad that we fixed things. He worked hard to gain my trust back and overall he succeeded.

"I see you starin' through the window, come here then," he called, making me blush. It couldn't have been that noticeable that I was looking. "Close your mouth you practically drooling!" I rolled my eyes at Ada. I had the right to look, that was my man.

"Don't be mad because Kaiden... is Kaiden," Bree chimed in. I laughed at that one.

I was about to make fun of A for being put on blast when Eli came and scooped me off the couch. "I thought I told you to come here?" He was carrying me outside and over to the pool.

"Elijah. you don't want to do this!" I wrapped my arms around his neck. If I was going he was coming too. He put dangled me over the water for about ten seconds then put me back down on the concrete. "You a good man." I kissed his cheek.

"You thought, ugly ass," he threw me inside and my head entered first. The water was the perfect temperature but I was still shocked when I entered. I flipped over and stood up to yell at him.

"Elijah Marshawn Stevens, Imma hand you your ass in just a minute. Wait till I get up outta here!" Swimming to the ledge, I hiked myself up and got out the pool. My hair was soaking wet but luckily I kept my braids in just because of the party. They'd definitely be coming out after this.

I looked around. Kaiden was picking at the food Eli had just prepared when Neisha came outside to slap his hand. She began scolding him for being so nasty, always digging in some food. Shawn was now sitting inside with Bree, A, and Tia. Eli wasn't with them, nor was he inside. When I turned around he was right there. And since we were still close to the pool I was thrown back inside.