thirty-seven

I am so so sorry for the wait guys! I am really trying to wrap a few things up so please forgive me. 😢

A short recap:

Bree has made up with Sai, though she is with Eli. Neisha and Shawn are getting married. Neisha recently had a bachelorette party, where Sai encountered Dre, who had almost raped Ada. He threatened to tell Dez on her because she wasn't acting as if she was in a relationship. Sai is trying to leave Dez for Keon and they get into an altercation.

Omniscient

Now

Sai fell on her back, all of the air flew out of her lungs. Her vision was blurred and her limbs felt like lead. She could barely see anything around her, as it was so dark. In the corner of her eye, a light flickered on.

The front door was just a few feet in front of her. She slowly turned over on her stomach. As much as she wanted to she could not lift herself up. Sai felt weak as she crawled to the door.

Desmond yanked her up by the hair. She elbowed him, kicked, and screamed trying to jump out of his grasp. But the liquor made him strong. As sluggish as he looked, the liquid courage had a powerful effect on him.

He took her to the living room, throwing her right into the flatscreen tv that sat against the wall. "You wanna leave me?" Sai's mouth leaked with blood. Her breathing was erratic, as she was hyperventilating. All she wanted to do was leave. She had the rest of her life to find love and she knew there was no way she could stay with this monster.

Part of her hated herself for putting up with this for so long. Why didn't you tell anybody? How could you be so stupid? It was her fault. Anything she was getting was what she deserved. She could have treated him better. She could have loved him harder. Or did whatever he asked of her, instead of giving an attitude. She should have been loyal to him instead of stepping outside of their relationship. Despite these thoughts, Sai opened her mouth to respond to his question.

"Yes."

Desmond sent a sharp slap across her face, knocking her right into the coffee table. Sai yelled out in pain as the deepest screams escaped her mouth.

As much as he could, he wanted to draw this out. He needed to beat her senseless for her actions.

"You thought I wasn't going to find out?" He grabbed her neck and towered over her. His grip became tighter and tighter with every second she refused to answer.

"I d-don't know--"

He punched her in the stomach with all the force he had. The loud thud sent her back to her knees, coughing up blood. "Don't fucking play dumb, Sai."

"I saw the videos. You out here boo'd up with my niggas and got me out here looking dumb." Dre had told him all about their encounter in the club. He also added that Sai's head was amazing, just to piss Des off. But Des ate it right up, especially after Dre had recorded a video of her grinding on him.

"I fucking provided for you, I loved you. I gave you whatever you wanted and this is the shit I get in return?"

Sai barely heard a word he said. It wasn't making sense. The only person she was with other than him was Keon, and Keon was not friends with Des. The two had never even met. "I am not lying, I swear.. I... I never..." Sai could not finish her words. The tears flowed like an unstoppable flood. She was tired, so tired.

"What the fuck does he have that I don't?" Desmond's voice rose to the top of his lungs. His anger covered him like a cloak. His fist was bleeding from punching her so hard, but he couldn't feel it. He could not feel anything but anger towards her. She was growing too independent. He hated that she no longer wanted to depend on him. He couldn't control her because she did not care for him anymore.