thirty-six

Ada

I grabbed my garment bag and set it down on the floor. Bree looked over to the bed, and then back at me. I dropped all my shit and ran over there to claim the last available bed in the suite.

Bree clipped me and my ass hit the ground. She thought she had got away with it but I grabbed her ankles, making her fall a couple feet before she could dib the bed.

"You trifling bitch. I got in the room first!" I smacked and got back on my feet.

"And? I'm tryna get my own bed tonight. If that means I gotta fight to get it, then I will," she rolled her eyes.

I removed my jacket and my earrings. "Let's go right now. It's a beautiful day for your funeral hoe!" She posted up and I did too.

"Y'all so busy trying to beat each other down, the bed already been taken," Neisha said matter-of-factly.

"You two always getting into it, do better," some random broad sitting on the bed we were going to take eyed us. She was on Neisha's bridal train but I ain't know her too well. "Yo Bree, who the hell shorty talking to?" I asked.

"I'on know but it can't be you."

"And I know it's not you either bro." We laughed her off and straightened ourselves out. Neisha stood up from the only king bed and put her arms around us. "Can y'all chill out for one second," she chuckled.

"Look, I know that's finna be your family but she don't know us and what we about so why is she talking..." I stated. Me and Bree always fight like that, mostly because Sai was the only sister I had growing up. And Sai hates play fighting; she always killed my vibe over it. Plus, I'm an only child so whenever I get the chance to interact I do. Bree always know wassup.

"Yeah what is all these people doing here anyway? I thought it was going to be us 4 kicking it on your last unmarried day," I pouted. I needed some alone time with my girls. The wedding has been so hectic especially for the bride of course. She is still trying to get used to Shawn's posh ass family. I swear people get money and forget who they really are.

We walked outside of the room so the rest couldn't hear our conversation. "I don't know. Shawn's mother saw that I had a reservation for one of the smaller suites, just for me, y'all, and Sai. But then she was all like 'why not invite everyone else?'" Neisha mocked her soon to be mother in law.

"And what stopped you from saying no?" Bree asked shaking her head.

"I can't refuse her ass. She already don't think I'm good enough for her son!"

"Girl the bitches in there don't think you good enough for they cousin, they brother, hell whatever Shawn is to them. They have not been friendly since day 1." It was true, they never really welcomed us. And you could definitely tell there was a divide amongst all of us.

"Well, I think that settles it. We breaking out," I said.

"This is not Prison Break sis, we are not incarcerated." Neisha laughed at the two of us as we started to come up with our plan.

"We're gonna go back in one by one, two minutes apart. Bree, you put all our shit away and safe cause I know these bitches nosey. It'll be easy for me and Bree to sneak out but not you, Neisha, because they're gonna be looking for the bride. You gotta find a way to get out of there, then we'll come minutes later. Meet in my car, it'll be unlocked."

We followed the plan by not entering all at once. I sat on one of the couches as a movie was playing on the screen. Shit was boring I'm glad we finna go.

Neisha slowly inched towards the door. "Where are you going, sissy?" One of Shawn's cousins asked. I wanted to sock the shit outta her.  Ole extra happy ass. "Mind your business girl," I mumbled and rolled my eyes at her. She glanced at me and returned to Neisha. Now everyone in the room was looking.