twenty-one

Elijah

Elijah

It was already time for Sai to go back home for the summer, and I ain't even told her bout Carmen. At dinner she even asked me, yet I lied right in her face. Guilt and shame spread across me at the thought of it.

I want to keep Carmen a secret, in fact I don't want her in my life anymore. But something is making me go back. Something is causing me to cheat on this lovely woman that I get to be with.

I might be the dumbest nigga on earth.

She caressed my leg as I focused on the road ahead of me. Things like this I would miss over the break.  "Sai, you really don't know what you do to me." She chuckled. "And right now, I'm being tempted."

The events of that night played over and over again in my head. That feeling of being inside her was going to stay with me for these next few weeks because FaceTime and texting sure as hell wasn't finna be enough. I wanted to forever remember the feel of her because I didn't know how much time I was going to have left with her. When I tell her about Carmen I don't even expect her to take me back. It's selfish, I know. But I'll hold on to this secret if it gives me the chance to be with her for longer than I deserve.

Sai's hands moved up and down my leg, arousing me more. "Imma miss you, Eli. Ughhh, can't you just come with me?" She whined. I reminded her that she needed to spend time with her family and get away from college for a little. Shit, I'm not tryna come back here until August.

"Text A and make sure she's on her way. I don't want y'all to be late." I grabbed her wrist and placed her hand back on her leg. "And keep your hands to yourself. You got me hot and shit," I mumbled the last part.

After parking, I grabbed two out of three bags and we headed to her terminal. We parked pretty close; I didn't feel like walking and neither did she. "Sai, you're gonna be in Dallas for like two months. What you got all this stuff for?" I assumed she still had belongings at home. These bags were heavy as hell, so I hoped she paid for overweight luggage.

"You hush. Men will never understand why we pack so much. Bet you won't be complaining when I send you gifts though." She turned and smirked at me. I mean mugged and continued until we were inside and in the check in area.

My phone vibrated though I ignored it. Whatever it was definitely could wait. I got a tad bit attached to Sai and now that I wasn't going to see her for a little while made me frustrated. Imma get over it soon though. "Elijah. I see you pouting over there." She turned around and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Whatever. I already know you gon cheat on me and break my heart." She rolled her eyes. The irony of this.

"I just might, if you don't get these bags on that conveyor belt." Sai shrugged and handed the woman at the desk her boarding pass. I picked up both black suitcases and dropped them quickly on the scale.

"It's nice that you already went ahead and paid for extra baggage," the white woman at the front smiled at us. Sai stared at her with a straight face, which made me laugh. "How long have you two been married?" The attendant asked. She started back typing in things on the screen in front of her.