mercy

"I've done some research and apparently it's called a dragon. It's extremely dangerous so if you find it, kill it. This creature could be anywhere in Yavin's forests, so be careful Ezra" Hera told the young Jedi.
"I'll be fine" the boy promised getting on his speeder.
It had been a few days since the attack on Yavin base.
The animal had been shot down but was nowhere to be found. It was Ezra's turn to scout the base and check for any disturbances. He activated his speeder, and drove into the forest. Ezra searched for anything new for an hour. He didn't find anything out of place. He was turning back when he caught sight of upturned grass and trees. Turning off his bike, he approached the destruction. Three trees were knocked down and scuffed up dirt and grass dug in to the ground. He moved past it all with confusion.
What did all this?
He reached the top of the mound and looked over.
With a gasp, he pulled his head behind the earth again. Glancing over, he saw a massive, black winged creature tangled with ropes.
He moved towards it slowly.
Taking cover behind a rock before going out into the open to look at it. The creature had eight ears of different sizes round it's head. It had fins on its tail and large wings. It had sharp claws, spikes down it's back and was scaled. 
"Oh wow. This is it. Oh this is it. This fixes everything" Ezra told himself.
"I've found the dragon..."
He put a foot on one of the dragon's legs but it shoved it off. Ezra stumbled backwards before moving forward slowly. He looked down at the animal and realised its eye was open.
It was green with black slits for pupils. It moaned as Ezra pulled out his lightsaber.
Ezra took a breath.
"I'm gonna kill you dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to the rebels. I can do this."
Ezra activated the blade and lifted it above his head.
He glanced down at the dragon. To say it looked scared was an understatement. It's breathing had quickened and its eyes held such terror. Like it knew it was going to die.
Ezra watched it.
It looked so innocent and frightened. Ezra closed his eyes and grunted. The dragon moaned again and its head thudded on to the ground.After many seconds, Ezra sighed and deactivated the blade. Looking at it then back at the dragon, Ezra exhaled heavily.
"I can't do this" he muttered starting to walk away.
But he looked over his shoulder. The ropes were bound tightly round it. Closing his eyes he sighed. He knew he couldn't do it.
Ffffft! Ffffft! Ffffft!
The dragon's eye snapped open. Ezra had reignited his weapon and was cutting through the ropes. The animal watched until he reached the last one. With a roar, he jumped up and pinned Ezra to a rock. The boy's lightsaber flew from his hand and out of reach.
A paw over his chest, the dragon growled as he looked at Ezra. The young Jedi was staring at what could be his death. The eyes seemed so deadly now. He cringed as the dragon snarled and reared up.
"ROOOAAAARRRRR!!!!!" The dragon screamed before taking off into the woods.
Ezra could hear it shrieking as it flew away. Thuds came from it. With a wobbly sigh he used the Force to get his lightsaber. Putting it on his belt, he began to walk away.
With a groan, he collapsed to the ground in dead faint.

Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲