Learning

Ezra made his way back to Yavin base, wet, but happy.
The tail fin worked, but he needed to figure out a way for it to stay open while Toothless was flying.
He entered his working space and put the basket in the corner.
Then he went into the Ghost and changed into spare clothes.
He was thankful everyone was at a briefing or...Wait a briefing?!
Ezra sped from the ship to the command deck where his crew was.
He skidded to a halt beside Kanan, panting.
"There you are. Where have you been?" Kanan asked.
"I'll explain later" Ezra replied.
Mon Mothama was explaining the situation to the rebels.
"If these attacks keep happening the rebellions ships will be nothing but scrap. We need to find the nest and destroy it the dragons will leave. They'll find another home somewhere else."
"Or they could come here and blow us up as their revenge" Ezra heard Sabine mutter.
"We'll need scouting done. Hera. I want some of your crew to go into the forest and try to find​ the nest" Mon Mothama said.
"Yes Senator" Hera nodded.
"I will assign teams to go out. You're all relieved."

Ezra swirled his spoon in his soup.
He'd hardly eaten. Unable to stop thinking about what Mon Mothama said.
If they did find the nest, they'd slaughter every dragon inside.
He couldn't bear the thought. He'd seen another side to dragons. In Toothless and in the Nadder he'd saved the other night. For a few brief seconds, the dragon was gentle.
He just realised Hera was taking.
"...Kanan and Ezra will look for the nest tonight. With any luck, we'll find a trail. I want you three on your best behaviour while we're gone. No wrecking anything. Got it?"
"Sure Hera" Sabine agreed.
"C'mon kid" Kanan said standing.
Ezra followed Hera and Kanan out the Ghost and into the woods.

"Kanan?" Ezra asked.
"Yeah."
"Are we even sure that the dragons are heartless creatures who only care about destroying us? Do you think there's another side to them and we're just misunderstanding them?"
Kanan stopped and faced Ezra.
"Is there something you're trying to tell me?" He asked.
"What? No. It's just, what if we're making a mistake about killing them?"
"Ezra. These animals have proven they can't be connected to. I tried it. They almost ripped my face off. Kallus told me you tried the same thing and was almost killed."
"Speaking of. Kallus also said you tried to stop him from killing a Nadder" Hera said.
"Hera I can't witness death anymore. No matter who's it from. Dangerous or not, these dragons are still creatures of the world."
"Ezra. I understand the feeling but we can't underestimate these things" Kanan told him.
Ezra sighed and looked at the ground.
"It's impossible arguing with this guy" Ezra muttered.
"Heard that" Kanan said.
"Heard what?"
"What you just said."
A green Zippleback suddenly dropped from the sky and roared at them.
Hera and Kanan immediately pulled out their weapons but Ezra didn't do anything.
He began to approach it. Hand outstretched.
The two heads growled and their tails swished threateningly.
"Hey. You're okay. It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you" Ezra soothed.
The Zippleback hissed and stepped back a bit.
Suddenly, the sparking head bashed Ezra forward almost winding him.
Seeing there was no other option, he grabbed the eel from his belt pouch and tossed it to them.
The dragon shrieked in horror and took off immediately.
Kanan helped Ezra up.
"Ezra. How'd you do that?" Hera asked.
"I...I learned on my studies that dragons hate eels"  Ezra replied.
"You alright?" Kanan inquired. 
"Fine. It didn't hurt me" Ezra answered.

The trio never found the nest or a single clue that might lead to it.
Ezra was very relieved about that.
As he lay in bed that night, staring at the ceiling, he made a mental note to help Toothless fly again if it was the last thing he ever did.

Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲