Another attack

Ezra walked into the Ghost where the crew was sitting in the common room.
"Ezra. Where have you been? We haven't seen you all day" Sabine said when they boy came in.
"Uh. I had to do something. Sorry I didn't tell you" Ezra apologized sitting beside Kanan.
"It's okay. Your fish is in the kitchen" Kanan told him.
Ezra remembered the regurgitated fish he'd eaten and felt a little sick. He still couldn't believe he'd done that.
"Thanks" he said getting up and going into the room.
Hera looked at the others.
"He's been disappearing a lot recently" Hera told them.
"We've noticed" Sabine replied.
"I want to know where he's going every day" Kanan said. Suddenly, Rex came skidding into the Ghost just as Ezra came out with his fish.
"We've got a problem Hera. There's another dragon attack and this time, there's more then one."
Ezra felt his stomach flip. He knew it was impossible for the Night Fury to be with them. It was unable to fly, but there was a chance.

The group skidded down the ramp to see a flock of beating wings rapidly approaching the base.
"Ready the net shooters! We can't let them destroy any more of our fleet!" Hera yelled.
The dragons roared and plunged towards the base.
Sabine, who was looking at the reptiles through her helmet scope, took off her helmet.
"We've got Nadders, Zipplebacks, Gronkles and Monstrous Nightmares coming in!" She told them.
The Rebellion had done studies on dragons just in case there was another attacks.
They knew all the species recorded.
Ezra sighed with relief. There was no Night Fury with the group.
"Wait. Wait" Hera said to the people maning the net shooters.
The dragons opened their mouths to release their flames.
"Fire!"
Nets shot from all the cannons.
Half the reptiles were taken down.
They hit the ground with loud thuds.
"Slay them! Now focus on the rest of them!" The Commander yelled.
Ezra felt anger and sadness as he saw fear in the dragons eyes as they were killed.
"Ezra! Look out!"
Kallus tackled him to the ground as a Nadder almost crushed him.
It roared and flung a dozen sharp barbs at them.
Ezra used the Force to redirect them towards the earth.
Kallus activated his bow rifle and lunged for the creature.
The Nadder swiped it's tail at him which Kallus dodged.
It bashed him aside with his head and turned to Ezra. Snarling.
Ezra got to his feet and didn't move.
He reached out a hand to it.
"Hey hey. It's okay. It's alright" he said. He used the Force to connect with it.
The Nadder shook itself and looked at Ezra curiosly.
"There we go. You're okay" Ezra said gently, reaching out to it.
The dragon suddenly snapped its jaws at Ezra. Almost taking off his hand.
It hit him to the ground with its tail.
He shuffled back. He didn't want to hurt it, he knew there was a different side to dragons.
"Ezra!"
Kallus threw a net at the Nadder. Tripping it and forcing it to the ground.
He pulled out his bow rifle and raised it.
"Kallus! Stop!" Ezra yelled. He stood and used the Force to throw the weapon aside.
"Ezra! What are you doing?" Kallus exclaimed.
"Don't hurt it!"
He saw the fear and innocence he'd seen in the Night Fury's eyes in the Nadder's pupils. 
The dragon broke the ropes and threw Kallus aside.
It looked straight at Ezra.
The boy watched it. It purred at him before taking off again.
Ezra watched it go.
Suddenly, a huge, red Monstrous Nightmare landed behind him.
It snarled and smashed him into a ship.
He collapsed. Blood trickling from his shoulder where it'd been cut from the dragon's spikes.
He flapped in front of Ezra and roared.
Ezra shuffled backwards. Gasping for air because he'd been half winded.
The dragon was about to bite his head off when Kanan and Rex came from nowhere.
Rex kicked the dragon straight in the face while Kanan pulled out his lightsaber and sliced the dragon's right wing straight off.
It roared in pain and fell to the ground.
Kanan lifted the blade and brought it down.
"No!" Ezra cried as the weapon pierced the Nightmare's back.
It whined then closed its eyes.
Ezra watched the life of the animal end, unable to stop it.
Kanan removed​ the blade from its hide and stepped back.
"You okay Ezra?" Rex asked helping him up.
Ezra nodded silently. Unable to stop thinking about the death he'd witnessed. He held his injured arm as Kanan came over.
"You're lucky kid. You almost got swallowed alive" Kanan told him.
"Why'd you make it suffer? Why did you chop its wings off before you killed it?"
"Because if it can't fly, it can't get away. When hunting a dragon, go for its wings and tails. A downed dragon is a dead dragon."