Hunting

Ezra dropped into the cove.
Toothless looked up expectanly from his resting as Ezra approached.
"Hey buddy" he smiled giving the dragon a pat.
Toothless purred in response.
"Sorry. I didn't bring as many as I wanted. We're kinda lacking them considering I always give them to you" Ezra told him putting down a basket and letting the fish tumble out.
Toothless picked out the tuna and swallowed it.
Ezra sat down and lent against the dragon's side.
Toothless affectionately nuzzled his arm before turning back to the food.
Ezra looked out the to the lake where a fish jumped.
"Tell you what. I'll help you hunt the fish in there" Ezra told the Night Fury pointing to the stream.
Toothless looked up at it inquisitively. He looked at Ezra and purred.
"You want that?"
Toothless nodded and licked his lips.
"Well, we'll start when you've finished" Ezra said working on his blaster that had been malfunctioning lately.
Toothless looked at it for a second before continuing to eat.
The dragon had been a little on edge of weapons being displayed in his presence, but ever since Ezra bonded with him he'd been relaxing more.
After Toothless's had finished, himself and​ Ezra were crouching by the
stream.
Ezra waited for a fish to come close before using the Force to pull it out.
Toothless caught it in his jaws and swallowed.
"There you go. Now it's your turn" Ezra said motioning to the water.
Toothless waited before using his tail to hook out a fish.
"Hang on. Toothless, try a plasma blast. That might get more up" Ezra said.
The dragon charged up a fire ball in his mouth and spat it on the water.
At least fifteen fish flew from the stream and fell like rain onto the two friends.
Ezra laughed and ducked as he was pelted with fish.
Toothless however, reared into hind legs and caught as many as he could in his mouth.
Ezra smiled at the Night Fury who returned the expression with his usual toothless grin.
Ezra stood up with a stretch.
"Let's take a lap around the forest then I need to head back. Todays my first dragon training lesson."
Toothless's looked at him curiousily.
"It's the opposite of friendly buddy. I really wish everyone would see what you guys really are" Ezra sighed stroking the dragon's head.
Ezra remembered how the conservation went the night before.

*Flashback*

Ezra walked into the common room where Kanan and Hera were.
"You wanted to see me?" Ezra asked.
"Yes The arena is completed. Dragon training, you start tomorrow" Kanan said.
"What? I don't want to fight dragons" Ezra said.
"This will help you fight them" Hera told him.
"Rephrase, Kanan Hera. I can't kill dragons" Ezra told them.
"But you will kill dragons" Kanan told him.
"No I'm pretty extra sure that I won't."
"Ezra.."
"Can you not hear me?"
"This is serious Ezra. We need all the help we can get. The dragon attacks are getting more frequent. Not only are they attacking our base, they're stealing food as well" Kanan told him.
"Kanan" Ezra began.
"Do we have a deal you'll train?"
"This conversation is feeling very one sided..."
"Deal?" Kanan asked.
Ezra sighed heavily.
"Deal" he agreed quietly.
"Good. Now get to bed."

*End Flashback*

Toothless purred and butted Ezra's chest with his nose puling him from his thoughts. Ezra put his hands underneath Toothless's face and put his forehead on the dragon's.

Why didn't they see what dragons really were?

Suggestions are open.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲