the talk

Ezra walked into the common room later that evening. He saw Kanan and Hera sitting quietly on the couch, not acknowledging him.
He continued onwards to the cabins.
"Ezra" Kanan said suddenly.
"Kanan. I need to talk with you guys"
"We need to speak with you too Ezra" Hera said.
"I don't want to do dragon training anymore."
"You need to work harder in dragon training."
"What?" They​ said in sync.
"Guys you know I'm terrible at it" Ezra groaned.
"That's exactly why you need to train harder" Kanan told him.
"But. Guys come on. I swear I'm going to die in training one day. Let's not risk it, please?"
"Ezra. Kanan and I are going for a week to get new supplies and weapons to fight the dragons. We want your word you'll try harder" Hera said.
"A week? Can't I come with you?"
"No. You need to be here to train" Hera told him.
Ezra sighed. His anger beginning to boil.
"I can't kill dragons. And I never will" he snapped. Going in to the hall to his cabin.
Hera and Kanan looked at one another.

Ezra locked his door and hit a fist on the door.
With a sigh, he turned and went over to his bunk. Jumping up onto it, he pulled one of Toothless's scales out of his belt and looked at it.
Thud thud.
Ezra put the scale back into his pouch.
"If the person outside the door goes by the name of Kanan or Hera, I'm not speaking to either of them" He called.
"Ezra. Please let me in. I need to talk to you" Kanan's voice came through the door.
Ezra sighed.
"I think I've made my point I'm not going to harm dragons Kanan. So if you're here to change my mind you're wasting your time."
"Just open the door."
Ezra waved two fingers and the door unlocked, with a hiss, it opened.
"What do you want?" Ezra asked.
"To talk to you Ezra" Kanan replied going in and leaning against the table.
"This battle is crucial. Do you want the rebellion to be destroyed?"
"Of course I don't. But if I told you what I thought of dragons you'd think I was crazy" Ezra said quietly.
"Try me" Kanan challenged.
Ezra gave him a look of disbelief before sighing.
"I've seen an innocence in dragons. For a few brief seconds when I connect with them, they're gentle, harmless creatures. What you guys see them as is brutal killing machines of limitless death."
Ezra exhaled and jumped off the bunk. 
"I don't want to hurt them because I know they have another side. But you guys will never see that because you don't look close enough."
"Ezra, believe me. I've tried to connect with them countless times..."
"Ha! See? You tried. You said do or do not, there is no try. I'm doing it okay? I am connecting with them and seeing them differently. Just like how you saw the spiders when no one else could."
Kanan put a hand on his Padawan's shoulder.
"Ezra. I'm sorry. But you're the only person who sees them differently. The spiders were different, Bendu taught me how to see. He didn't teach me how to understand dragons. Point is, can I rely on you to try harder in training?"
Ezra crossed his arms then sighed.
"Deal" he muttered.
"Thank you. Hera and I wil be back in a week."
"You're leaving now?"
"Yeah. Sooner we leave, the sooner we get back."
Kanan left the cabin leaving Ezra alone.
A smirk slowly grew on Ezra's face as he uncrossed his arms to show he'd crossed his right fingers.
"You wally" he said rolling his eyes.
Getting on to his bunk, he curled up and went to sleep

Suggestions are open.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲