Dawn of the dragon riders

Kallus, Zeb, Sabine, Wedge and Hobbe stood in the arena with Ezra in front of them. The young Jedi had gathered his friends to the training grounds after convincing them dragons could be trained.
Now he stood in front of the Monstrous Nightmare's cage, determined and ready.
"If you're planning on getting eaten, I'd definitely go with the Gronkle" Hobbe told him.
Ezra looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.
"I'm not going to get eaten" he told him.
"So what's your plan?" Sabine asked.
"Simple. We need to stop the other rebels from attacking the nest. They have no idea what they're up against" Ezra replied.
"What are they up against?" Zeb asked.
"A dragon the size of a mountain" Ezra sighed.
The others mouths fell open apart from Sabine's.
"I've seen it. It's huge" she told them.
"And we need to help the others before they're killed" Ezra said pulling down the leaver.
The gate rumbled as it opened. The long, intimadating snout of the Monstrous Nightmare arched out from the pen.
Ezra reached out slowly and backed up as the dragon walked out.
They came closer to the group who were watching with shock and disbelief. Wedge swallowed nervously and picked up a daggur on the ground.
Sabine lightly hit his arm.
"Uh uh" she told him and he put it back down reluctantly.
Ezra and the Nightmare were nearing Kallus. The boy reached out to the man's hand and took hold of it.
"No sudden moves Kallus" he told the rebel.
Kallus held his breath before putting his hand on the dragon's snout.
The red dragon gurgled and looked at the man with large pupils.
Kallus grinned with joy as Ezra moved away.
"Hey. Where are you going?" He asked.
"You're gonna need something to help you hold on" Ezra replied taking rope from a trough of supplies.
The rebels looked round to see the Gronkle, Zippleback, and Nadder looking at them curiously.