Figure out who's side you're on

Ever since the first lesson, Ezra felt like everyone was against him.
Even his own team seemed a little unsure.
Sabine and Zeb had suddenly became very serious about training, while Kanan and Hera were getting concerned about his safety.
They'd gone through three training lessons now and Ezra's survival chances were getting slimmer all the time. Ezra didn't want to hurt the dragons so he just dodged their attacks or ran from them.
One day he followed his team into the arena to find tall wooden boards in a maze like fashion.
"What's ​this?" Wedge asked Rex.
"A maze" he replied.
"What's it for?"
"Your new dragon" Rex said going over to the cages and pulling a leaver.
Ezra felt a sense of forbidding. They'd only focused on the Gronkle, this was a new dragon they were facing down.
A blue and yellow Deadly Nadder burst from the cage.

It gave a roar and flapped on to the wooden boards.
Rex closed the gateway and stood by the chains outside.
"Uh Rex? What are we supposed to do?" Ezra called up to him.
"Today is all about attack!" Rex replied.
"Nadders are quick, and light on their feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter."
The Nadder leapt at Hobbe and flung barbs at him.
The boy only just managed to dodge them and block them with his shield.
"I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!" He called to Rex.
"Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike" Rex advised.
Ezra and Zeb rounded the corner to see the Nadder.
Thankfully, they were in its blind spot.
Ezra grimanced.
"Do you ever bathe?" He asked quietly wrinkling his nose.
"If you don't like it then why don't you get your own blind spot?" Zeb growled.
"How about I give you one?" Ezra glared.
The Nadder squawked, and saw them. Sparky, orange fire flew from its mouth as Zeb and Ezra ran.
"Blind spot yes. Deaf spot, not so much" Rex chuckled.
"Rex. Quick question, has anyone killed a Night Fury?" Ezra asked him.
"We haven't seen one since the one we shot down. They're highly dangerous dragons and if you meet one you'll never tell the tale, now get in there!"
"I know I know. But hypothetically..."
"Ezra" a voice hissed.
The boy looked round to see Sabine and Zeb crouching behind one of the wooden walls.
"Get down" Sabine whispered.
The Nadder rounded the corner, sniffing.
Sabine and Zeb rolled to the cover of the next wall. Ezra tried but the weight of his shield stopped him. The Nadder saw Ezra and ran at him.
The boy quickly scrambled to his feet and got out of the way of the Nadder's teeth.
It saw Sabine who became it's next target. It chased her around the maze before hitting the side of a wooden board. It toppled and hit they there making them collapse like dominos.
Sabine jumped on to a falling wall and ran along the edges with the Nadder right behind.
"We've done studies on Night Fury's and there's nothing there about them. It only says that they're the offspring of lightning and death itself" Ezra was saying to Rex.
"Could we maybe have misunderstood them...?"
"Ezra!" Rex yelled.
The boy swung round to see a wall falling towards him and Sabine jumping.
"Ezra!" She shouted.
The young Jedi was forced to the ground as Sabine fell on top of him.
The Nadder landed a few feet away from them before a few boards fell on top of it.
Sabine's blaster was hooked under Ezra's shield and wouldn't come lose as she struggled to pull it out.
"Ooo. Love on the battle field" Zeb said.
"She can do better" Hobbe told him.
"Let me. Why don't you...?" Ezra began.
The Nadder burst from the wood walls and ran at the two rebels.
Sabine yanked the shield from Ezra's grip making him yell in pain.
She smashed the wood round the dragons face making it whimper and back off.
"Well done Sabine" Rex praised.
The Mandalorin pulled her blaster from the remains of the shield and threw it aside. Rounding on Ezra, she glared down at him.
"Is this some kind of a joke to you?" She snapped pointing her blaster at him.
"We're losing ships and food faster then we can count. Figure out who's side you're on."
She forced her gun back into her holster and turned heel. Leaving Ezra on the ground consumed in his thoughts and doubt.

Ideas are welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲