Training with Ridgeback

To say Ezra was nervous was an understatement.
He stood in the arena beside his friends later that day with Argus Ridgeback in front of them.
He had an axe over his shoulder and looking at the pupils.
"What I'm going to teach you today is strategy. You must think like your opponent and understand the enemy. You must rely on all your senses like you'd rely on someone close to you."
Ridgeback glared at the students.
"Some of you think you know dragons like a book."
Ezra saw him glance at him.
"And I'm going to prove you wrong. Bridger!"
Ezra stood straighter.
"What is the shot limit and class of a Triple Stryke? And how much venom does it have?"
"Triple Strykes are in the Strike class like the Skrill, Snow Wraith and Night Fury. They have a shot limit of six and aren't venomous."
Ridgeback seemed a little surprised​ by the boy's answer.
"Okay then. What is the ancient enemy of the Shellfire?"
"The Submaripper sir" Ezra answered.
"Interesting. And what can you tell me about Night Furys?"
Everyone looked at Ezra. They were certain he wouldn't answer. There was hardly any information on. Night Furys.
Ezra however, looked straight at Ridgeback without blinking.
"Night Furys have a shot limit of six. Their fire is plasma blasts or acetylene and oxygen shaped charges. They are known as the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself and are pretty much invisible at night. They never miss their targets making them well adapted and feared predators" he told the commander.
Everyone stared at him.
"Well. What do you know. He's smarter than he looks" Ridgeback said.
He stepped back and approached the pens.
"Ezra. How did you know all that?" Zeb whispered to him. "Studying" Ezra replied quietly.
"I'm going to see how to deal with all the dragons except the Nightmare. We're saving that one for the final test" Ridgeback told them.
Pulling down the leaver of the Gronkle, the dragon burst out, snarling.
Ezra immediately went for the shields. After grabbing one, he forward rolled out of the way of a fireball.
Using Zeb as a step, he jumped off the Lasat, grabbed the grass from his jacket, rubbed it on the dragon's nose, and break rolled across the ground.
The dragon immediately went passive and fell from the air. Hitting the ground with a thud, the Gronkle purred.
Ridgeback seemed paralyzed with shock.
He'd never seen a dragon been taken down that fast or act like it was now.
Ezra fist bumped with Zeb.
"Thanks for the lift" he whispered.
"Don't mention it" the Lasat muttered back.
Wedge and Hobbe looked impressed while Sabine looked really annoyed.
"Alright. We'll move on to the Nadder" Ridgeback said forcing the Gronkle back into its cage.
Considering it was slightly loopy, it didn't put up a fight.
Ezra owned all the dragons.
He made the Nadder collapse by scratching it's neck and chin. He used the light trick on the Terrible Terror. Making it go after the dot of light back into its cage.
As for the Zippleback, he tried a new tactic. Instead of using the eel, he reached out two hands.
The double headed dragon reversed, sniffing as it walked backwards.  
His friends and Ridgeback watched with confusion and interest as the green reptile's heads moved towards Ezra's hands.
After a few seconds hesitation, they put their noses into his palms.
Ridgeback glared at this and used his axe to make a clanging sound on the bars.
The Zippleback's pupils went into slits and it tried to bite the boy's hands off.
They knocked the young Jedi over and approached him, snarling.
Ridgeback smirked and did nothing to prevent the death that was sure to come.
Zeb suddenly came from nowhere and punched both heads. They quailed and backed up.
Zeb forced them back into their cage and went back to Ezra.
"You alright kid?" He asked helping him up.
"Just. Thanks for the save" Ezra replied.
Ridgeback approached them. "If you try to pretend to be an expert Bridger, you'll only get yourself in trouble" he growled.
"You almost got Ezra killed" Zeb told him angrily.
"Did I Lasat?" Ridgeback asked as he looked into Zeb's green eyes coldly.
"Prove it."
Zeb didn't say anything.
"That's what I thought."
Ridgeback turned and headed for the gateway.
"You're all dismissed."

Man, Argus is a jerk!!
Suggestions are welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲