New adjustments

Ezra woke early the next morning. He'd been in his work space making new parts to his flying equipment since five thirty.
Now he was finishing the connecting rod for Toothless's tail. With a smile, he nodded as he laid the stuff on his table and observed it all. Putting it into a basket as well as rope and a heavy pole, he ran to the cove.

Toothless seemed very confused about Ezra's new gear. But after the boy caught him some fish he lost interest. Ezra hooked up the new equipment to the dragon as he ate.
After Ezra finished putting the new stuff on, he flew Toothless to a cliff where a strong cross breeze blew.
Tying the rope to Toothless's saddle, he hit the pole into the earth with some help from his dragon.
Getting on to Toothless, Ezra attached a piece of paper to a clip on the saddle.
Waiting for the right breeze, he moved his foot up and the fin opened.
Toothless glided for a while before Ezra pushed it back down making the dragon land. Writing the information on to the sheet of paper, Ezra moved to the next position.
After learning the tail positions, Ezra practiced them, trying to remember them the best he could.
A strong breeze suddenly came up as the dragon took off. The rope snapped and the two were thrown backwards. Toothless accidentally landed on Ezra where the boy gasped. Reminding him of the time Zeb had fallen on him except the dragon didn't stink.
Toothkess raised himself off the ground a bit and looked down on Ezra.
The young Jedi took a breath and smiled up at his friend.
"Well. At least we know it works" he told the dragon who purred in agreement. He began nudging Ezra's chest and arms with his nose making the boy chuckle.
"I swear you've got feline blood in you" Ezra said scratching Toothless's chin.
The dragon only purred happily at his rider's touch and licked his cheek affectionetly.
Ezra giggled and wiped the saliva from his face.
"C'mon. Let's head back" Ezra told him.
He got onto Toothless and flew back to the cove.