Alive

"Ezra!' Kanan yelled, walking through the smoke that had gathered. 
"Ezra! Padawan!"
He breathed out shakily, turning on the spot. The boy couldn't have been burned alive by the fire. He couldn't have.
Hera was walking beside the Jedi, searching for the missing Padawan.
The Twe'lik looked over and saw the Night Fury.
"There!" She said, already running to the area, Kanan right behind her.
They skidded to a halt in front of the dragon who was groaning in pain. Toothless rolled over, connecting rod and tail a mess, eyes closed.
Kanan gave an inward gasp.
"Oh Ezra" he said dropping to his knees.
"I did this."
Hera covered her mouth with her hands, tears in her eyes.
The rebellion walked forward to see but sighed or gasped with sadness.
Sabine, Zeb, Kallus, Wedge and Hobbe shoved their way to the front then saw what was happening.
Sabine was panting slightly as a tear rolled down her cheek. Her heart ached as she turned into Zeb who put his claws around the Mandalorin and bowed his head.
Toothless moaned softly and opened his eyes. Looking up at Kanan.
The man sighed, wishing he could cry to relieve the pain in his chest.
"I'm so... I'm so sorry" Kanan whispered.
Toothless gave a gurgle before slowly unwrapping his wings.
Hera and Kanan gasped when they saw, (Kanan sensed) Ezra in the dragon's paws.
"Ezra!" Kanan exclaimed taking the boy from the Night Fury's grip. Tossing his mask aside, he put his ear on the boy's chest.
"Oh, he's alive! You brought him back alive!" Kanan cried out, voice cracking with emotion.
Hera crouched beside Kanan and put a hand on Ezra's shoulder.
Sabine and Zeb were laughing with joy, tears still on their faces from their brief moment of terror.
Kanan put a hand on Toothless's face and gently pushed it to the ground.
"Thank you for saving my Padawan" he told the dragon who purred.
"Well you know, most of him" Rex said going over to them.
Kanan lifted the boy in his arms while Rex, Zeb, and a few pilots helped Toothless up
"Let's take them home" Kanan told Hera.