Followed

This part is dedicated to horses984.

Ezra ran around rocks as he made his way to the cove. Going through the entrance, he dropped to the rocks below and walked forward.
"Toothless?" He called.
"Toothless?"
"Who's Toothless?"
Ezra almost jumped out of his skin.
He snapped round to see Kallus standing with crossed arms.
"Kallus! Uh...What are you doing here?" Ezra asked nervously.
"Hera asked me to keep an eye on you. Why were you yelling Toothless?" Kallus inquired.
"Well you see, uh..."
Ezra didn't know what to say.
A sudden snapping sound made the two look round.
Toothless was crouching on a tree branch, growling. He jumped down and got into a battle ready position. Snarling aggressivly.
Instantly, Kallus pulled out his bow rifle and shoved Ezra behind him.
"Run Ezra! Run" Kallus told him.
Toothless ran at Kallus, seeing him throw Ezra behind him.
"No!" Ezra yelled.
He threw Kallus's weapon aside and leapt in front of him.
"Easy buddy! Calm down it's okay" Ezra said soothingly.
Toothless backed down.
"He's a friend."
"You just gave him a fright" Ezra told Kallus going over to Toothless and holding his face in his hands.
"I scared him?" Kallus asked them froze as the Night Fury snarled.
"Who is him?"
"Uh, Kallus Toothless. Toothless, Kallus" Ezra introduced the two.
Toothless was giving the rebel a death glare.
"Ezra. Why the kriff do you have Night Fury?" Kallus asked staring at the dragon fearfully.
"Well. You know the Night Fury that was shot down a while ago. I found him on patrol" Ezra replied.
"You didn't..." Kallus said.
"Yeah. I set him free. I've been working up a bond with him in secret."
Kallus looked at Toothless who continued to glare at him.
"Is that a saddle? Ezra. Please don't tell me you...?"
"Yes Kallus. I've been riding him" Ezra sighed.
He moved round to the Night Fury's tail. Lifting up the make shift fin, he looked at Kallus.
"Toothless's tail fin was ripped off when he crashed. I repaired it and now he can only fly when I control it" he explained.
"That's genus" Kallus said.
"But I still don't understand why or how you would work up a bond with...that" Kallus said looking at Toothless.
The dragon snarled angrily at the insult.
"Kallus. Toothless, just like all dragons, are misunderstood. They really are gentle but no one sees them that way."
"How'd you tame him?" Kallus asked.
"By doing this."
Ezra took hold of Kallus's hand and reached it towards Toothless.
The dragon growled and gave Ezra a look.
"I promise he's a friend bud" Ezra said with a small smile.
Kallus's hand was about three inches from Toothless's nose.
The dragon closed its eyes and put his nostrils into Kallus's palm.
The man stared as Ezra took his own hand away from Kallus's, and smiled.
"Believe me now?" Ezra asked as Toothless took his nose away from Kallus's hand.
The man nodded and put his arm back by his side.
"But, if dragons really are gentle why are they attacking us?"
"I've been asking myself the same thing" Ezra sighed scratching Toothless's back.
"This is where you've been all this time. Learning from Toothless?" Kallus asked.
"Yeah. Kallus, please don't tell the others. I beg you. They'll kill Toothless" Ezra said looking at him.
"Ezra. This is a rare and very dangerous species of dragon..." Kallus began.
"I know he is, that's why he needs to stay a secret. Kallus, please. Toothless is my best friend."
As Ezra looked at Kallus imploringly, Toothless gazed at the man with large, irresistible pupils.
"Okay. I promise. But you do realise they will figure this out eventually" Kallus said.
"I'll make sure they won't. I'm not going to let anything happen to Toothless" Ezra said.
The dragon nuzzled his arm affectionately.
Kallus watched with confusion and interest. He was very surprised that this feared species was as gentle as a tame Lothcat.
He felt no desire to break his word to Ezra about his secret friend. When he had his own hand on the dragon's snout, he'd felt a spark. A connection.

A bond.

What should happen now? Suggestions are welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲