Dragon Riding

Toothless glided across the cloud dotted sky like an eagle. Ezra sat astride him, gripping the saddle as the dragon flew.
The two were free flying. No ropes or any support except Ezra's cheat sheet he'd drawn up to help him with Toothless's tail positions. Ezra had flown Toothless to a far side of Yavin where no one would be. There was a huge lake filled with tall rocks to help them train.
"Okay there bud. We're going to take this nice and slow" Ezra told the dragon.
"Here we go. Here we go. Position three, no four."
He opened the tail and Toothless looked under his legs to watch. With a purr, he faced forward and turned. 
Flying sideways, he rolled so he was upwards.
"Okay it's go time, it's go time" Ezra said looking over at the fin before facing forward.
Toothless gave a roar before nose diving down to the lake. 
"Come on buddy, come on buddy!" Ezra encouraged as Toothless opened his wings and they flew through a rock formation.
"Yes it worked!" Ezra smiled and directed his dragon on.
Toothless gave a yelp of surprise as they accidentally hit a rock stack.
"Sorry" Ezra apologized pulling the dragon away only to hit another.
"That's my fault."
Toothless turned his head, before bringing it round fast. Slapping Ezra found the face sharply with one of his ears.
"Ow! Yeah yeah. I'm on it. Position four, uh three."
Ezra clicked the fin into a new position and Toothless flew up.
"Yeah! Go baby!" Ezra yelled excitably as they flew higher. Toothless's tongue hanging out as they gained more height.
"Oh this is amazing. The wind in my..."
The sheet of paper suddenly came loose and unhooked from the clip.
"Cheat sheet! Stop!" Ezra yelled, taking his hands off the saddle and grabbing at the paper frantically.
Unfortunately, the cord attaching him to the saddle came off.
Ezra felt like his stomach jolted as everything went in slow motion for a few seconds.
They were in the air, separated from each other before falling. Toothless roared as they plunged to the earth.
"Oh Karabast! Oh kriff! Oh no!" Ezra yelled.
"Come here. You've got to kinda angle yourself!" He called to Toothless who began spinning.
"No don't do that! Don't do that...ow!" Ezra exclaimed as Toothless's tail accidentally hit him in the face.
Going above the dragon, he frantically grabbed at the saddle. Managing to take hold of it, he climbed on and locked his boots into the stirrups. With the cheat sheet in his mouth, he opened the tail.
Toothless shrieked as they continued to streak towards a stack of rocks.
Ezra took the paper from his mouth and looked at it as it flapped in the breeze.
They were coming closer.
Eyes sharpening with concentration, Ezra let go of the paper and focused on the flight.
Clicking the fin into a position, Toothless dodged the sea stack that came his way.
Ezra felt so alive as Toothless flew out of the way of every single rock formation that came his way.
Finally, after twenty seconds of experienced flying, they soared from the rocks across the water.
Ezra breathed heavily a few times before raising his hands into fists.
"YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!" He hollered as Toothless blew a plasma blast of victory.
"Come on" Ezra groaned as the flames consumed them.

Sabine was walking through the woods. Trying to track Ezra's route when a piece of paper blew on to her face.
Yanking it off, she was about to throw it away when something caught her eye. Sabine looked at the paper with confusion before her eyes grew wide.
These were tail positions!
And she reconised the hand writing.
"What are you up to Ezra?" She whispered.

Suggestions are open.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲