Chapter 8

(A/N. THANK YOU FOR 1.1K READS!! I'M SO HAPPY AND THIS REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME. THANK YOU TO ALL MY READERS AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ALWAYS VOTE AND COMMENT. LOVE YOU ALL~)

Guanlin's POV

"Do you remember this?" she asked, showing the key charm that I ever gave.

"Uhm.."

"Be honest," she said.

"Listen Yena, I really do--"

"Don't lie, Guanlin," she cut me, giving me a serious face.

I sighed, "Okay, I remember you.."

I mentally cursed. Now she knows, my plan failed. How come she's so sure about me? Do I look that same like when I was 8 years old?

Ah I'm so dumb, my name is exactly the same. Of course she'll know.

"I'm sorry for lying," I looked at her then looked down.

She suddenly stood up and went to me. She hugged me really tight and I could hear her sobbing.

"I miss you so much, Guanlin! I really really miss you!" she said, hugging me even tighter.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder, "I miss you too."

She broke the hug and looked at me with a frown, "Why did you lie to me?"

"Sorry, seeing you happy is already enough for me," I mumbled.

You don't have to remember me, as your best best friend.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Nevermind," I looked away.

Usually, based on the stories I read, childhood friends never end up together. Either the boy loves the girl but the girl love him only as a friend, or the other way round.

And this is what happened to us. I believe that she doesn't have any romantical feelings towards me.

Of course, I was only 8 back then, my feelings are not really serious. But just now, the moment I saw her again, I fell for her. And this time it's serious, I truly love her.

"Okay, can you teach me now?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

She wiped her tears and went back to her seat. She started taking out her books and taught me everything. She's a very good teacher.

"Do you understand with all of these things?" she asked.

"Yes, thank you," I smiled.

She started to put her books inside her bag when she suddenly looked at me, "Guanlin-ah.."

"We should hangout tomorrow. I really miss hanging out with you," she said, putting her bag on her shoulder.

"I know.. Why don't we hangout today?" I offered.

"No, I have something to do," she stood up.

"What is it?" I asked, standing up too.

"I need to help someone with his work," she said.

"Okay then.. See you tomorrow!"

"See you!" she waved and went out of my sight.

My smile faded. 'His'?

Yena's POV

I hurriedly ran back to my house to take a bath and changed my uniform into a pale blue sweater with white long pants.

I turned on my phone and texted Euiwoong that I was ready.

Me: yah i'm ready

I was about to put away my phone when my phone vibrated.