Chapter 16

Yena's POV

"I think I should start now," he said.

"What?"

He didn't answer me, instead he intertwined his hand with mine. I could feel my heart didn't beat normally. My mind kept telling me to let go of his hand but my hand acted the other way round.

I looked at him with my widened eyes, "Wh--what are y--you doing?"

"What do you think? Holding your hand," he said.

He started to swung his hand up and down and I could see him smiling secretly. We kept on walking around the backyard since our school has a very big backyard, until we heard the bell rang. I was about to go to grab my books when I realized that our hands were still together.

I cleared my throat while looking at my hand, signalling Euiwoong to let my hand go. He seemed to realize it and quickly let it go.

"Do you know that your face was so red just now?" he asked, trying to hold his laugh.

"W--what? I--I know, it was because the weather is so hot. Look I'm sweating," I said, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.

He rolled his eyes, "Sweating huh? There's no single drop of sweat on your face."

"Yena-yah!" someone called.

I saw Jihoon running towards me with Baejin beside him.

"Can I walk you home today?" Jihoon asked.

"Uhm.. sure," I said.

"Isn't your house in the opposite direction of her house, Jihoon?" Euiwoong asked.

"Yea it is, but I wanna walk her home," he answered.

"Then I'll walk you home too," Euiwoong said, looking at me.

"What? No, you can't just do that," Jihoon frowned.

"Why not?"

"Your house is also in the opposite direction of hers," he stated.

"Yena, you come with me okay?" Euiwoong asked.

"No Yena you come with me," Jihoon said.

"No she has to come with me," Euiwoong said.

"You like her?"

"None of your business, Jihoon."

"Guys!! Can you please stop arguing?" I shouted.

"I'll walk her home," Baejin said, making all of us looked at him speechless.

"What? My house and her house are in the same direction," he stated.

"Okay then," Euiwoong said.

"You simply just let him do it and you didn't let me? I thought we're friends," Jihoon said.

"We are friends. We'll always be friends," Euiwoong said and walked away, leaving the three of us.

"Okay Jinyoung, walk her home. Make sure she's safe," Jihoon said and left us alone.

"What happen to them seriously? I walk home alone like everyday and nothing bad happened to me," I said, rolling my eyes.

Baejin just shrugged and walked away too. I sighed as I grabbed my books and went in to the boring class.

---

"Don't start again, Baejin," I said.

So he really walked me home and now we're on the way to my house.