Chapter 24

Yena's POV

I was waiting at the bench inside the forest. Yes thankfully there's a bench or not my legs will break off waiting for these two. I don't know what happened but I've been waiting for 30 minutes already and none of them has appear yet.

"Yena!" someone called. "Sorry for making you wait for so long!"

I shot my head up and saw Euiwoong running towards the bench. I frowned, "Are you serious? It's been 30 minutes!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he said and grabbed my wrist. "Now let's go!"

"Where are we going?" I asked, standing up.

"You know what? Let's just sit here," he said and pulled me to sit down.

There was a moment of silence between us until we saw fireflies started to appear in front of us. They were shining so bright in this dark forest.

"Woah, so beautiful," I said, looking up at them.

I heard no response from Euiwoong so I shifted my gaze to him and saw him staring with me with a slight smile. My smile faded the moment he cupped both of my cheeks and he smiled even more.

"You're so pretty," he said, observing my face.

My face instantly heat up and I started to have stomach butterflies in this cold weather. He released his hands from my cheeks and held both of my hands tightly.

"Do you know how many times my heart raced because of you? Do you know how shock was I when I found out my feelings towards him? Do you know how hard for me to stay calm and cool in front of you?" he whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. "I love you."

I was speechless, looking at him. I never thought that he would ever like me, and thinking that he has the same feelings as mine. Now, I think it's the time for me to tell him my true feelings too.

"Euiwoong, I--"

My line was cut off when I heard someone called my name, "Yena!"

I turned around and saw Guanlin, showing me his poker face. He definitely wasn't in a good mood. He walked furiously towards us as he took my hands away from Euiwoong and pulled my up.

"Guanlin! What are you--"

"I love you, Yena, I love you! I love you not as my friend!" he yelled so I decided to shut my mouth and listened to him.

He sighed and lowered down his voice, "I love you since years ago. I swear there were so many times when I really wanted to tell you my real feelings. I tried to show it to you and make it obvious, but you never realized it."

What is happening? Why are there two confessions at the same time? And Guanlin? I swear not even once I ever think that he will love me more than friends. Now I feel guilty because I'm not having the same feelings as his.

"Then why don't you tell me earlier?" I asked, as my vision started to blur because of my tears.

"Because I'm too scared to ruin our friendship that we've build so long ago. I'm scared that you will hate me and stay away from me. So I think it's better for me to keep it by myself. But just now I saw everything. Euiwoong can easily confess to you so why can't I?" he seemed desperate, a single tear rolled down his cheek.

Guanlin stepped forward as I stepped back. I had a bad feeling about this. Again he took another step. I was about to take another step back when he held my shoulders and leaned his face closer to mine. I struggled to get away but he was too strong.

Our lips were about to touch when I felt him being pulled by someone. Euiwoong glared at Guanlin and he suddenly punched him, making Guanlin's lip bleed.