Chapter 20

(a/n. A chapter full of Jinyoung ahead.)

Yena's POV

I was on my way home after another long school today. Today's Friday and that means I could stay up late this night.

Nothing really happened today, except for the fact that Jihoon started to wink at me everytime we met. I don't know what have gotten into him seriously.

Now I was busy thinking about what happened yesterday in detention class.

Flashback

"I.. Of course I want your attention for the works!" I said as I looked away from him because I didn't want him to see me blushed.

He went back to his seat as he crossed one of his legs.

"Yeah sure, keep on lying," he said.

"I--I'm not lying!"

"Then why did you keep on stuttering?"

I kept quiet after he said that. He smirked looking at my reaction.

"You know, if you keep on denying the fact that you love me, you'll regret it later. And you know what's surprising? I think I'm starting to fall for you," he said, still wearing his playful smirk.

But I didn't take his last sentence seriously. He seemed like he was just doing that to make me fall for him. I didn't believe him at all.

"I don't believe you," I said.

"Well it's your choice to believe me or not," he said.

End of flashback

I sighed as I slowed down my pace, "No no, don't have your hopes too high, Yena. He was just playing."

I was in my really deep thoughts when I heard laughters of some guys. I didn't know why I got so curious. I went to search for the source of the voice. It came from the narrow street that people usually never go to because it's so smelly.

I went closer and closer as I finally saw a scene where about 10 guys were punching and kicking someone. I hid behind the large wall as I watched them.

I couldn't see the victim's face clearly though because they were covering him.

"Fight us, you brat!" one of the guys said.

"He doesn't have the courage to do that, boss," the other guy said.

Oh so that one is the leader of the group.

I felt so bad for the guy that was bullied. Who is it though?

"Ah he's no fun!" another guy said, kicking the victim even harder.

One of the guys went to the right side and that's when I could see the victim's face. I gasped loudly as I widened my eyes.

It's Jinyoung. It's Baejin.

Unfortunately, they heard my gasp because all their attentions went on me.

"Woah look who we've got here!" the leader smirked as he came to my hiding place.

I stepped back and yelled, "Why did you do that to him?!"

"Who? Him?" he asked as he pointed Baejin. He then chuckled, "Why does a pretty girl like you even care about him?"

"He's my friend! My best friend!" I frowned.

He came closer to me and lifted my chin up, "Your friend huh?"

I slapped his hand, "Don't touch me."

"Woah woah, calm down, honey," he said, still with his digusting smirk, Euiwoong's smirk is way better than his.