Chapter 23

Yena's POV

"Okay that's it for today, everyone!" our teacher said as I stretched my hands.

After we had our dinner, we had a meeting together to plan for the bazaar. It's nine o'clock right now and I didn't know why I was so sleepy. So I decided to went upstairs to my room and slept.

"HA!!" someone suddenly shouted and held my shoulders, making me jumped and immediately looked back.

"Yah Guanlin what do you think you're doing?!" I glared at him as he laughed.

"Come on I want to take you somewhere," he smiled as he took my hand and pulled me.

---

"Woah! I've never thought that the scenery here will be so beautiful!" I was memerized with the night beach scene.

"I know you'll like it!" he smiled.

I was too busy enjoying the scene until I realized that Guanlin was staring at me the whole time.

"Guanlin? Why are you looking at me like that?" I laughed.

"Just feel like doing it," he said.

"Am I that pretty until you kept on staring at me like that?" I joked but ended up feeling disgusted by my own words. Well I'm not the type of person who likes to compliment myself.

"Hm too pretty," he mumbled but I could hear him.

"Thanks," I smiled, as we both sat down on the sand.

Guanlin's POV

Is she an angel? How come she looks so pretty? She's so beautiful under the moonlight and I really couldn't take my eyes off her until she noticed me.

"You're always pretty, Yena," I stated and she smiled even wider.

"Stop it, you're making me embarassed," she laughed.

There was a long moment of silence when I suddenly decided to tell her something that I wanted to say since years ago.

"Yena.." I called and she hummed as response while looking at the sea water.

"I love you," I confessed.

She looked at me and smiled, "Aww I love you too, Guanlin. It's been so long since you said you love me."

"N--no, it's not like--" I paused then sighed, "Nevermind, forget it."

Yena was looking at me in confusion as I avoided eye contacts with her.

She will never see me more than best friend. When we were small I always said that I love her and she always misunderstood me. She thought that I love her as a friend. I never meant that. I'm always afraid to tell her my true feelings because I don't want to lose our friendship too. But I think that I really need to tell her about it now.

Suddenly I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked at my right and saw Yena's head on my shoulder. I smiled staring at her innocent face as she was sleeping peacefully.

Maybe I should just tell her tomorrow.

Yena's POV

I woke up when I felt the sun was hitting my eyes. My vision that was blury was getting clearer each second. I sat up and looked around, I was still at the beach.

I felt something on my arms and it was a jacket. I gasped when I remember yesterday I fell asleep here. I looked back and saw Guanlin leaning on a palm tree, still sleeping.

I realized that I was sleeping on his lap the whole night. But I remembered that I fell asleep on his shoulder. So that means...

My heart skipped a beat knowing that he didn't want to wake me up so he decided to stay here and covered me up with his jacket since the night air at the beach is cold.