Chapter 25

Yena's POV

After dinner, I went to search for Guanlin but he's nowhere to be found. I went to the beach where we went two days ago.

My face lightened after I saw a familiar back. He was standing all alone, looking at the reflection of the moon and stars from the sea water.

I approached him and poked his shoulder slowly, making him turned his head to me. After he saw me, he immediately turned his attention back to the sea water.

"Guanlin?" I called but he ignored.

I sighed, "Why are you acting so cold? You keep on ignoring me?"

He didn't reply, instead he just walked away. Tears started to appear on my eyes as I ran to chase him and hugged him from the back.

He flinched by my sudden action and tried to remove my hands but I held it tightly.

"What do you want?" he asked in a cold tone.

"I'm sorry," that was the only thing I could say at that time.

He waited for me to say something else but he ran out of patience as I stayed quiet. He sighed frustratedly and released my hands, turning himself to face me.

"Stop giving me hopes, Yena!! If you can't give me the same feelings, then stop approaching me! Everytime you looked at me, I couldn't help myself but to hope!" he yelled.

I backed away and tears started to fall down, "Guanlin.. I thought you don't want to break our friendship?"

"Yes, but it was before. Before you decided to left me for him," he said.

Flashback to yesterday night (Author's POV)

After she ran away from Euiwoong, she bumped into Guanlin. He looked at her with his widened eyes before he asked, "Why did you run?"

She looked at him, panicked, not knowing on what to say.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked.

She widened her eyes, "N--no! It's impossible for him to hurt me."

"Then? Why did you run?" he asked again.

She avoided his eyes as he held both of her shoulders before tightening it. She frowned and tried to get away from his grip.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"No, I don't!" she yelled and with force, he hugged her.

She finally managed to push him away as she looked at him in shock, "Why did you do that?!"

"Do what?" he asked her, shock and confusion were written on his face.

"You hugged me!"

"Yena I've hugged you so many times!"

"But he's still around here! What if he sees it?!" she shouted, blurting out everything without thinking.

That's the time when Guanlin's heart broke into pieces. He wouldn't really mind if she couldn't love him back. But if she acts differently towards him, he wouldn't be able to stand it.

"So.. you don't want me to hug you because you're scared if Euiwoong will see it?" he whispered.

Right at that time, he decided to stay away from her for a while, to give him and her the time to think.

End of flashback (end of author's POV.)

"I'm sorry, Guanlin. I didn't mean that. I've never meant to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry, I was out of my mind yesterday," I apologized to him, hoping that he would forgive me.