Chapter 5

Knights point of view
I woke up to my alarm blaring I sat up and grabbed my phone seeing it was Monday, I got up and got dressed in my regular attire then went downstairs. My father was there at the table writing things down in his notebook he used at work and my mother sitting next to him.

"Be careful son while your walking. Please." My mother said in an almost pleading tone since she knew I wouldn't get in the car if she asked to drive me. I nodded and started out the door to school, I got a text from unknown and almost didn't want to read it.

Unknown- hey love did you sleep well

Me- I slept fine. now what do you want?

Unknown- nothing and the necklace looks beautiful on you

Me- ugh stop and leave me alone you creep

Unknown- Im not a creep now have fun at school

Once he said that I stopped replying as the school came into view, I put my phone in my pocket and walked to my locker. I saw Kat and Jonathan there talking with each other, once I got closer they both smiled and gave me a small "hi". "Where's Derek?" I asked "he wasn't feeling well and stayed home today" Kat said, I nodded kinda feeling bad he wasn't here.

The bell rang and we all headed to our next classes, while in science I decided to text Derek.

Me- hey. How you feeling?

Derek- I'm feeling better sorry I couldn't be there

Me- it's okay

Derek- we'll get back to work I know your not finished

Me- fine but I'm coming over later

Derek- k see u then :p

I quickly put my phone away and got back to work on my paper.

After school

After school I went to Derek's house as promised, when I got there the door was already unlocked. "Derek you there?" I called out I heard a thump from upstairs and quickly followed it, when I got there he was on the floor rubbing his head, I laughed and went over helping him. "You alright?" I asked in between laughs, he nodded and patted my head, I handed him the school work from his classes and he thanked me.

Derek's point of view
I quickly took the papers and put them on my desk next to my binder, remembering to do them later. I sat down in the chair next to my desk while knight sat on my bed, " so what do you think on the murders?" He asked, I looked up and smiled "I don't think much about them at all" I said to him honestly, I looked down at his neck and saw a stone necklace. "You look nice in the necklace" I said he grabbed the necklace and looked down at it almost glaring.

"Thanks" he whispered, he looked uncomfortable and got up "I'll see you later I gotta go" he said before quickly leaving, I sat there and smiled as he left.

Ruby(knights Mom) point of view
I decided on staying home today not feeling well on all the murders that have been happening recently. I walked downstairs when I heard a small knock on the door, when I opened it I saw knight he had tears in his eyes and was crying. I pulled him into the house and hugged him wiping away his tears, "honey what's wrong? What happened?" I quickly asked being worried he had gotten hurt.

"N-nothing Mom I'm f-fine" he said quickly wiping his eyes and heading upstairs, I heard his door slam which made me even more worried I went into the kitchen and called my husband, Jay. "Hey love" I said into the phone "what's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked as if sensing my stress "no no I'm fine...well I think something's wrong with knight" I said, he was quiet for a moment before he spoke "I'll be home soon dear" I told him okay and hung up before going upstairs to try and talk to him.

I knocked on his door before going in an opening it, I saw he was lying on his bed cuddle under the five blankets he kept in his room just staring. "Are you alright?" I asked again he looked away quickly then came from under the blankets stretching his arms out for me. I went over and hugged him, at that moment I realized the bright colored necklace around his neck, I picked it up and examined it.

"Who gave this to you?" I asked, he shook his head and shrugged his shoulder "it was a gift from someone but I don't know who" he said looking at it. I was a bit confused but didn't say anything i kissed his head and went back downstairs to wait for his father. As soon as he got home he came over and kissed me, when we pulled apart he asked about knight. "He hasn't done anything more right?" He asked

I knew what he meant exactly when he said that, knight use to be suicidal and cut most of the time but wore hoodies to keep them hidden. "No he hasn't done anything like that" I said he sighed in relief but then got a look of confusion, "the what happened?" He asked "I'm not sure he came home crying and then went up into his room and is now under all five of his blankets" I said rubbing my head, he nodded and started up the stairs to knights room.

Jays point of view
Once upstairs I opened knights door quietly to see him furiously texting someone on the phone. "Knight what are you doing?" I asked he quickly looked up and turned his phone off "nothing I'm fine. Just texting a friend" he said with a nervous like chuckled. He was still laying under all his blankets making me chuckled, "your mother was worried so I came to check on you" I said going over and laying on his bed next to him.

Knights phone started going off, it went off five times before he looked at them and answered, "knight who is that?" I asked again more stern. He started to shake "just a guy from school" he said, I sat up straight and looked at him eyeing him. "Are you guys dating?" I asked crossing my arms "n-no not at all were just friends" he said quickly putting his hands up in surrender, I smirked and patted his head before quickly leaving.