Chapter 34

Dj point of view
I was woken up from a small knock on my door I sat up in my chair and looked over to the door. "C-come in" I said still tired, my boss opened the door and looked at me, "you alright you never came to school and got me" he said his tone furious. I sighed an looked back at my computer, "I'm sorry sir but I do have work of my own to do" I said "yeah because sleeping is totally working" he said with a scoff and I became furious.

"I'm in no fucking mood to hear you whine and complain because I didn't pick your ungrateful ass up from school! Go fuck yourself you little brat, sometimes I really have to wonder why the hell I agreed to work with you sometimes!" I yelled now standing up in front of him, he was pushed against the wall slightly shaking.

I had never yelled at him before like that, I grabbed my keys and stormed out of the house not listening to anything he was saying or trying to.

Knights point of view
We called the police an hour ago an told them about our father instead of letting mike deal with it. They took the body with them and left, my mom had said she didn't want to keep him.  I laid on the couch going over homework I never finished, my mom sat next to me typing on her phone.

"I never thought he be gone I knew he was bad but..." I stopped not knowing how to finish my sentence. "Let's not think about it he's gone now and there's nothing we can do so leave it" my mother said her voice somewhat harsh. I looked over to her and frowned "I-I'm sorry" I said "leave it knight!" She yelled. I stared in shock before getting up and leaving the house, I had played with fire and I knew it.

I walked to the park and to the tree where Derek had kissed me. I sat by it and silently cried, I heard soft movement in front of me and looked up seeing someone standing there in all black. He wore a black bandana around his mouth and the only thing I could see was his eyes. He stared at me and I stared back, I slowly stood up and backed up into the tree.

He tilted his head an continued to stare his eyes held nothing but, hunger. "What do you want?" I asked he walked over to me pinning me to the tree. "I want you" he whispered into my ear, I shook in fear as he softly bit down on my neck, I still couldn't see his face as he bit down my neck. "Knight!" I heard Derek yell, the guy quickly pulled up his mask an walked away leaving me pinned to the tree an shaken up.

"There you are love" he said coming over he saw the red mark on my neck and glared. "What's that" he said his voice low, I dropped to the ground a softly started to cry, he wrapped his arms around me quickly and bought me back up. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back home, I tried to listen to Derek as he spoke with my mom but sleep took over and soon I was out like a light.

Derek's point of view
"I shouldn't have yelled maybe then he wouldn't have left and none of this would've happened" she said as she looked at knight. "It will be fine he's gonna be okay it's just a hickey" I said as I started upstairs, I looked down at knight and saw he was fast asleep tear stains on his cheek.

I sighed and brought him to our room lying him down on the bed. I pulled the blanket up and over him and sat next to him, my phone dinged an I saw I had a message from someone unknown. I opened my phone and started to text them.

Unknown- did you like the mark I left

Derek- leave him alone

Unknown- now don't be rude plus he seemed to like it

Derek- you made him cry not only that but he looked terrified

Unknown- you don't know him like I do and you never will knight will be mine and I will make sure of that

I read the last message an frowned, I looked over to knight who was still fast asleep, his arms were wrapped around the blanket as he laid close to me. "I promise to protect you. I promise" I whispered leaning down an kissing his head.

There was a knock on the door and my father came in. "Are you alright?" He asked I nodded as I continued to rub knights head. "What about the parents get anything out of it?" I asked he sighed and shook his head. "Nope the parents woke up, saw they were tied and fainted again" my father said with a small chuckle.

Mikes point of view
I stared at my son a small smile on my face. "Will keep him safe...I promised didn't I?" I questioned he smiled and nodded. He yawned and looked down at knight before slowly laying down an cradling him in his arms. I smiled, "goodnight son" I whispered as I closed the door and walked downstairs.

I saw Ruby sitting in the couch staring off into the distances. "He's gonna be alright" I said sitting next to her she looked up at me a tired smile plastered on her face. "I know but I also know that I'm gonna be the death of him, his father wasn't always good before" she started

"He use to mentally abuse knight but stopped and changed for the better, then we moved here and things got better, but when all the murder started and he had to start staying after for work he just snapped and went back to being the bad man he once was" she explained as I sat with her and listened. "I understand dear , but your here with us now and I promise things will get better" I said, she smiled and leaned into me kissing my cheek.

We were gonna continue to talk when we heard the basement door try to open. We looked at each other an then to the door, "well we know there up now" I said she nodded as we walked over to the door.