Chapter 35

Mr Mysterious point of view
As I walked home I couldn't help but start to think of dj he hasn't come home at all and has been gone all day. I got home and saw his car out front, I walked in and saw him passed out on the couch. He had a black eye and his lip was busted, I quietly patched it up as he slept.

He woke up and stared at me his eyes softened, "I'm sorry I yelled at you" he said I shook my head and looked at him. "It's alright. I shouldn't have been so hard on you your just doing your job" I said he smiled as he slowly fell back to sleep. I sighed and walked up to my room laying down in my bed and soon enough I was out.

The next day 🐢

I woke up to my alarm going off, I got dressed and quickly left for school deciding not wake up dj. I walked into my first class and saw knight and his friends, they all started talking as I drew in my notebook, I may stalk but I wasn't bad during school...mostly. I put my notebook away as the teacher walked in an the day started.

At lunch

I sat in the corner with a couple of kids who knew me as I watched knight mingle with his friends. I stared in anger as Derek kissed knights head an wrapped his arm around him, "are you good?" One of the girls next to me asked. I nodded and grabbed my tray throwing it away and heading to the library.

Mikes point of view
Me and Ruby were downstairs in the basement staring at the two now tied up parents. They had tried to escape yesterday night, but we pushed them both down the stairs causing them to faint and give us time to tie them up.

"What do you want with us?" Hannah the wife asked I scoffed, "you know damn well why your here or at least why you should be here" I said "please don't hurt my wife" David pleaded, Ruby chuckled. "It's funny how you'd protect your wife then your own son who really doesn't know what to do. He's safe your not" she said glaring at David.

He looked down, "I don't know what your talking about" he whispered as he started to shake. "Yes you do don't lie to me" Ruby said going over and pulling his face up by the chin, he looked at his wife then back at Ruby. "I didn't want to leave him I really didn't but Hannah said we'd save money if we did and that she would be able to keep gambling" he explained.

"Now that wasn't so hard was it?" Ruby said she looked over at Hannah her face was red as she stared at her husband. "You fucking trader I knew I should've divorced your ass when I had the chance!" Hannah screamed as David started to silently sob. "I'll deal with them ruby. Call Amber for me please" I said she nodded and headed upstairs, leaving me with the dysfunctional couple.

Ruby point of view
As I got upstairs all the boys were coming through the door, they smiled at me and said hey all accept knight who quickly went upstairs. I frowned and called Amber she said she'd be on her way and I hung up. I walked upstairs to knights room which he shared with Derek, but he was downstairs.

I knocked on the door then opened it, he was sitting on the floor papers sprawled out around him as he worked and a computer in his lap. "Hey love" I said he looked up and gave a small smile, "in really sorry for yelling...I don't know what came over me" I explained, he set his computer down an rubbed his head. "It's alright mom really. I know what just happened must have an affect on you and I shouldn't have said anything" knight said "don't blame yourself honey I guess he really did have a an affect on both of us" I said walking over and kissing his head.

He smiled and kissed my cheek, I walked out of the room and back down to the basement where David was now untied. He was handing mike his credit cards and basically his whole wallet, "now go find your son and stick with him" mike said David nodded and left giving me a small smile on the way out. I walked over to mike an stood with him.

"You won't stop me from gambling I will win one day an be rich" she said I rolled my eyes. "I've been to casino after casino and I haven't gotten far dear so neither will you" I said she glared at me. "Ambers on her way dear" I said to mike he looked back at me a bit surprised at the name then smiled "thanks will go upstairs and wait for her" he said as we started to the steps.

Knights point of view
I sat in my room working on all the homework I got, as I worked my phone started to ring. I answered, "what?" I asked already knowing who it was "hi. I just wanted to see if you were okay" he said his voice somewhat quiet.

"I'm fine now what do you want?" I asked my voice laced with venom, " nothing" he said I heard his breath hitch an speed up. "What are you doing?" I asked, he chuckled "wouldn't you like to know" he said and you could hear the smirk in his voice. I quickly hung up not wanting to know what he was doing or have the conversation keep going.

I continued to work on my homework till Derek came in the room and told me we were all going out. I packed up all my things and started down the steps, we all got into our own cars and drove to a restaurant not to far down the street in town.

Mr Mysterious point of view
I sat at my booth with dj as we decided to eat out tonight as we were waiting for our food that familiar face I came to love walked in. Knight.