Chapter 47

Mikes point of view
I woke up to my alarm going off and quickly sat up, I looked down to see Ruby laying next to me in bed. I smiled and stood going to check on Derek, when I opened his door I saw he wasn't there and panicked. I walked over to his computer seeing a couple coordinates, I quickly woke everyone else up and told them about it. We all quickly piled into our cars and drove to them leading us to a house on the outskirts of town. I grabbed my gun walking into the house first seeing a small note on the table which had knights name on it.

I picked it up before moving down to the basement, since the lights were on I expected someone to be down there. "Derek?" I said, I heard a groan and quickly went down seeing Derek and knight on the ground. I quickly went over gripping his chin, and his eyes opened slightly. "D-dad?" He said his voice groggily, knight whimpered and looked up at me, ruby ran over gripping him into a death hug. The others came down helping us pick them up and get them to the car. "We need to get them to the hospital" Jonathan said examine knights head wound.

Times skip/—- hospital

Knights point of view
I sat in the chair next to Derek's hospital bed with the small Letter in my hand. Everyone was in the room Jonathan and Tyler were leaning against the wall with each other. Michael was in the chair next to me with my mother on the other side and mike was rubbing his sons head on his left. "When were you going to tell me?" I asked looking up towards my mom. She stared confused, "about my brother Mom....when were you going to tell me" I said my voice a bit harsh. Realization hit her and he looked down, "I-I was just waiting for the right time love when you were older—" "don't you think I'm old enough not only was that the reason he kidnapped me but you broke him mentally" I said everyone in the room stared shocked. "He didn't want to hurt me he only wanted me for me....he wanted me to remember" I whispered.

"I'm sorry" she whispered "yeah tell that to him...oh wait he's gone" I said "who was he?" Tyler asked "Thomas the person Derek hung out with he was my older brother but my parents put him up for adoption....he had planned on taking me and Derek away from you all but left us" I explained and everyone nodded. Derek had to stay in the hospital for the night so I went home with the others, when I got home I went to our room seeing it was slightly messy. I chuckled and stared cleaning up, once the room looked decent I sat on the bed and looked at the letter. I bit my lip before opening it and taking out the small piece of paper.

"When you get this you will finally have been freed from me. I won't be gone for long but I know you want to be with your friends and family once again. I just want you to know knight, I loved you with all my heart. I promise to come back but I need to get help, fix myself, and learn how to cope with all that's happened. If you can tell Mom I forgive her and tell Derek that I'm really sorry for making him feel such a way. I know you'll be okay without me for a year or so and I will come back. I love you so much and I will miss you, promise not to forget me love." The note read, but the time I finished I could feel the tears as they cascaded down my face.

I put it down and looked out the window, "I promise I won't forget you....not this time love" I whispered. I stood from my bed and walked to mikes room where my mother sat, she sat on he bed looking over an old book of family pictures. I sat on the bed and looked at them seeing they were of all of us me, mother, jay, and Thomas. "He forgives you" I whispered and she gave off a sad chuckle, "I wish he didn't " she said leaning over and hugging me. I hugged her back kissing her head. "Will he come back?" My mother asked and I nodded "he said he would just needs to get help" I explained and she nodded.

"I should have never gave him up if it wasn't for me being so scared of your father I would have just left with both of you" she said with a small laugh and I smiled. I stood kissing her head quickly before leaving, I walked down the steps to see the others sitting on the couch. "Mike called he said that Derek would be released tomorrow" he said and I nodded. Jonathan's was talking his leg but quickly stopped as he stood up running over to me and hugging me. I hugged back enjoying the warm feeling, the others stood coming over. "I'm not letting you out of my sight again dude" Tyler said and I laughed "yeah" Michael agreed.

"Thomas will be back one day he just needs help...he never meant to hurt me" I said "obviously....but until he does get back will remember him and eighth now move on from this whole thing" Jonathan said and I nodded.

The next morning when Derek was released and home with us we all sat together in the living room. My phone rang and I picked it up not bothering to look at the caller I.D. "Hello?" I asked "Hello love" I froze at the voice a smile finding its way to my face. "Thomas" I said everyone hushed and I put him on speaker. "Yeah it's me" he said "where are you?" I asked and he chuckled. "Sorry I can't tell you that but I will say I'll be able to come home next year or so" he said "will all be waiting love...We promise we won't forget you" I said and djs voice in the background told them they had to go. "I know you won't love...I have to go" he said "love you" I said "I love you to little bro" he said before hanging up. "We won't forget knight we won't" Derek said and I nodded smiling at all of them.