4

Jimin got home around 7:30pm. It had been a lot of fun babysitting Seyoon all day, but I was so happy to see Jimin again.

"Appa!" Seyoon heard the front door close and ran from his bedroom to go greet his father. As soon as he saw him he hugged Jimin's legs and smiled.

"Hey little man! I missed you so much today." Jimin bent down so he could pick up the boy. "Did you have fun with Yoongi hyung today?"

I leaned against the wall and watched as the two hugged each other as if they had been apart for days. "Yeah! We watched movies and colored!"

"Really? Let me see." He put Seyoon down and we all went back to where he had left his drawings. Jimin flashed me a smile that I took as kind of a you did great with him look.

Seyoon brought over his small stack of pages that he drew on. They looked pretty good for being drawn by a four year old.

He made us sit on the couch and handed them to Jimin one at a time. "This one is a puppy playing at the park." The dog he drew only had two legs, but it was still really cute. He handed Jimin the next paper. "That's our house." He had drawn the light brown house with its dark brown roof. It wasn't a very accurate drawing, other than the colors, but I could tell he worked hard on it.

"These are really good! We can hang them up on the fridge." Jimin looked so proud. It warmed my heart to see him so happy.

Seyoon smiled and gave Jimin the last drawing. It looked like it was a drawing of people. He pointed at the smallest figure first. "That's me." Then he pointed at the figure to on the far right. "That's you." I could see Jimin's cheeks turn a light shade a pink. He felt honored to have his son draw a picture of him. Lastly Seyoon pointed to the figure next the Jimin's. "And that's Yoongi hyung."

I was caught by surprise. I never would've thought that after spending one day with him he would draw me in his family picture.

"Did you draw me holding Yoongi's hand?" Jimin looked at the picture closer. It did look like we were holding hands.

"You said you hoped Yoongi hyung would be as good as Jungkook hyung was... you used to hold his hand all the time." I suddenly felt really awkward to be in the same room as Jimin. It felt like Seyoon was trying to get Jimin to think of me the way he once probably thought of Jungkook.

I noticed Jimin's eyes show a hint of panic. He did good to hide his body language, but the eyes gave him away. He clearly didn't know what to do, so I figured I should speak up.

"You're such a great artist. If you keep working hard you might have your work in museums one day." The boy smiled so brightly and jumped up to hug me. He was so happy.

"Do you want to keep it?" He grabbed the drawing from his dad and handed it to me.

I was so touched. I had only known him for a short amount of time, but Seyoon was really growing on me. I was really enjoying my time with this him. "Yeah! I'll put it up on the fridge at my place. Hoseok will like it too."

"Who is Hoseok?" I hadn't talked about Hoseok in front of Jimin. It wasn't surprising when he asked about him.

"He's just a really good friend. I went out with him last night and told him about my new job. He was really excited for me." I thought about all the fun times I had with Hoseok. Most of the time we were celebrating his achievements so it felt good to be proud of myself for once.

"You went out? Like a date?" Jimin looked at the other drawings in his hands to distract himself from looking at me.

It was hard not to smile. "He's asked me to go on a date before, but I've never said yes. I only see him as a friend." It felt like Jimin was jealous at first. It was a little cute.

"Appa, what's a date?" Seyoon let go of me and went back to his dad.

"It's grownup stuff." Seyoon was tired of that answer. I had told him that so many times today he would probably have a fit if he heard it one more time. Jimin picked him up and hugged him. "Isn't it your bedtime? Maybe we can get Yoongi hyung to tuck you in."

Jimin looked up at me with begging eyes. I knew I would have to do it. "Come on kid. Lets go put on your pajamas."

Seyoon ran to his room, giggling the whole way. Before I could get up Jimin stopped me. "Is it too much to ask you to stay and talk for a little bit after he goes to bed?"

"Sure. I'd love to." A rush of anxiety ran through my body. He had complimented me a lot on my work today so he most likely wasn't firing me. I did my best to clean up all of Seyoon's messes so it probably wasn't about the cleanliness of the house.

Did he just want to get to know me better?