12

A/N: GUYS!!!! I came up with an idea for where I want to go with this story I'm so excited!! Also the ending of this chapter kinda sucks, but it's fine... I figure out a way to transition my chapters better eventually.

Yoongi's POV
Three days later

-

I arrived back to my appointment building at 9:37pm. I know that specifically because I had been checking my watch every second, anxious to get home.

Yes, I enjoyed seeing my family and I miss them dearly. However, I just can't help feeling like a part of me needed to be in Seoul. I realized that the moment I left.

As I approached the door to my apartment I noticed a note was taped to it just below the peephole. Curious, I took the note off the door and wet inside. I turned on the light in my kitchen and sat down to read it.

"Where are you? Why aren't you answering when I call here? Have you moved without telling me? I know I messed up... I'm sorry. I want to fix this. I won't ask for more than a friendship anymore. I promise. Take me back. Please. You're still my best friend."

There was no name signed, but it was obvious who had written it. I just don't know how I could be sure that he won't repeat what we've gone through.

I shook my head and put the letter down. I didn't want to think about this anymore.

I took a quick shower to clear my head and started unpacking my bag once I was dried off and dressed.

I was tired. Not just because of how late it was beginning to get, but I was emotionally exhausted as well.

-

The next morning I was supposed to go back to work. I had missed Jimin and Seyoon's company while I was gone. They were like my second home.

I arrived at the house early, hoping to catch as little time with Jimin before he left. I knocked a few times but received no answer.

Jimin must still be asleep.

When I start this job I was given a house key just in case I happened to get locked out or Jimin wasn't answering the door such as now.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside the house. The living room was scattered with toys, the kitchen was a mess, and there was a trail of stuffed animals leading down the hall.

What had happened while I was gone?

I quietly made my way down the hall and peeked inside Seyoon's room. The kid was fast asleep in his bed. It made me smile to see him so at peace.

I then tiptoed into Jimin's room. He was curled into a ball with his blanket pulled close to him. He was so cute. I couldn't help but sit at the edge of the bed and brush his hair off his face.

He stirred a little in his sleep. He rolled over and grabbed on to my hand. "Seyoon... go back to bed. I'll be there in a minute."

I smiled widely. He was so tired he didn't even want to open his eyes to see who was there. He was so used to Seyoon coming to him while he slept that it was instinct to tell him to go lay down again.

I traced my index finger along his jaw and admired how beautiful he was. It made me wonder what if he favored his mother or his father more.

He groaned. "Seyoon, I said go back to bed." He opened his eyes and saw that it wasn't his son that had woken him, but me instead. He stared at me for a moment as his red mind tried to register who I was. "Yoongi?" He quickly sat up with a more energized look upon his face. "You came back."

"Of course. I can't leave you guys... I really missed you." I smiled softly at him. Although I hadn't known him for very long, Jimin was probably the closest person I have in my life.

I love being in his company and being the reason he smiles. I love making him laugh until he can't take it anymore.

I love his family and how strong he is to have come so far as a single father. I'm really proud of him.

He patted the spot on the bed next to him where I had slept with him before. I moved next to him and he leaned over to rest his head on my shoulder. "I really missed you too." He closed his eyes and just relaxed. Seyoon is a lot to handle on your own so I couldn't blame him for being exhausted. "Seyoon was worried you might never come home."

"Home?" Was he talking about my apartment or his home? Had I really been around so much that he started to feel that this was my home too?

I felt it too. I was here more than I was at my own apartment. It began to feel like I was becoming a part of this family.

"Oh... uh... sorry. I didn't mean anything by that. It's just... having you here makes Seyoon and I feel more like a real family." He pulled the blanket up to his chin and sighed. "I know it's not a normal family, but it makes us happy... and a real family needs to be happy in order to raise a child properly."

I understood his reasoning. A child does deserve a happy childhood, and Seyoon has had such a sad life. First being abandoned by his mother, then raised in an unusual household where his father was always working and managing a relationship with a man. In the end the man left and they were back to square one. Alone.

Seyoon is only a child so he doesn't understand that the country he lives in is very traditional and has a hard time accepting a man like Jimin. Once he's older there is no doubt that he will be picked on in school for it.

I wish the best for the kid. I want to see him to grow up to be a strong, loving man. I want him to be proud of his father just as I am. I hope he will look past his mother's hatred and know that people do not choose to be the way they are and that there is nothing wrong with being different.

I wish him to have a happy life. I wish for him to grow up in a happy home.

"Don't worry, I've actually started to feel more at home here than anywhere else." I reached for Jimin's hand slowly. I wanted him to know that I will always be here when he needs me.

Jimin felt my hand and held it gently. "Then I guess it's only a matter of time."

What did that mean? "A matter of time until what?"

JImin smiled and looked up at me. "It's only a matter of time until you are a part of our lives forever."