24

Yoongi's POV

"Seyoon please stop running in the house!" The boy was giggling loudly as he tried to run past me. Before he could slip past I wrapped my arms around him and picked him up.

"Noooo! Put me down! Put me down!" He squealed and laughed even harder. He kicked his legs, almost hitting me where it hurts.

I carried him into the bedroom I now shared with Jimin and playfully tossed him on the bed. "Are you ready to surrender?"

Seyoon stood on the bed and smiled widely as he stepped closer towards me. Once he was close enough to the edge he jumped at me. I caught him and couldn't help laughing along with him.

The time I've been spending with Seyoon has brought us a lot closer. It has made me feel more like a parent to him.

Months ago the thought of that would've scared the hell out of me. But now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hugged the boy close to me and flopped down into the bed with him still in my arms. "Yoongi hyung! Let me go!"

The sound of the front door opening and closing a little harshly caught my attention. I quickly put Seyoon down so I could put my full attention on the the sound.

"Jimin?" He looked like he had been crying a lot. He had tear stain on his shirt, his eyes were puffy, and his cheeks were still red. "Seyoon, how about you go play in your room for a bit?"

The boy quietly looked at his father and then at me before leaving in the direction of his bedroom.

As soon as Seyoon was out of sight Jimin stumbled over to me and collapsed in my arms. He was shaking while he buried his face in my chest and sobbed.

"Jimin? What's going on? What's wrong?" I held him tight against my body and gently rubbed his back. "Do you want to sit and talk about it?"

He gripped my shirt tightly. "I-I never thought... I'd see his f-face again."
He struggled to choke out the words. His knees buckled, forcing me to quickly try to hold him up.

"Jimin. I need you to walk with me to the couch so we can sit and I'll try to understand what's wrong." I dragged his heavy body over to the couch with little help from him. "Who are you talking about?"

Jimin took a moment to try and catch his breath. "J-Jungkook."

My blood instantly ran cold. I wanted to comfort Jimin and hunt that son of a bitch down for hurting him at the same time. "Where?" I grit my teeth together to help hold back my anger towards Jungkook. Jimin didn't deserve this.

"At my studio... with the guy he left me for." He wiped his face and closed his eyes. After a few deep breaths he finally started to calm down a little. "I know you're angry. I am too." He grabbed my hand. "Seeing him felt like a reminder of how I've never been able to keep a family together... I've never been good enough."

My heart ached for him. I hugged him tightly against my chest. "Jimin, you will always be good enough for me. In fact, I don't know how I got so lucky as to be with someone as incredible as you." I kissed the top of his head. "No one even begins to compare to you. And I swear to you... I will never ever leave you."

Jimin continued to sob into my chest, soaking my shirt with his tears. I looked up for a moment and saw Seyoon peaking around the corner. As soon as he saw that he had been caught he ducked and ran back to his room.

He was concerned about his dad. It's hard for kids so young to understand that their parents get sad sometimes too. I didn't like that he was watching... Jimin wouldn't like it either.

No parent wants their kid to see them at their lowest. Lord knows Seyoon has probably seen Jimin going through this a lot.

He was too young to remember his mom leaving, but that left a lasting effect on Jimin. He was abandoned because he trusted her enough to share with her who he is. And then Jungkook came along and left him for someone else, making him feel worthless.

It's hard to believe that Jimin could stay strong through all of that. Seyoon most likely had seen a fair share of it.

"Yoongi... thank you." He sat up and took a few deep breaths. He was starting to calm down. "I hope you don't think I'm still hung up on him because of this. I'm just... pissed because of what he did."

"I know. You don't have to explain yourself." I wiped a tear from his face. "I'm always going to be here for you. Don't worry."