25

Jimin decided that after what happened yesterday it would be a good idea to take a day away from work to spend time with Seyoon and I to help clear his head.

We spent the morning by cooking up a big breakfast for us all to enjoy. Seyoon tried to help as much as he could, but his four year old cooking skills weren't quite as refined as mine or Jimin's so he pretty much just ended up making a mess.

However, he was enjoying himself and that's all we really cared about. Who cares if the eggs were a little over cooked, right?

"Appa! Can we go see Jiho today?" Seyoon's sweet voice rang throughout the kitchen. His eyes were full of hope that his father would agree to his request.

Jimin looked to me. "Should we call Namjoon? Or maybe Jin?" He has been including me in a lot more of the parenting-type decisions lately. It made me feel like I was finally starting to become less of Seyoon's babysitter and more of a father.

I shrugged. "Do you think they'll mind? They are planning a wedding right now after all. I'd hate for us to be in their way."

We both turned to look at Seyoon Who now has his small hands clasped together as if he was silently pleading.

Jimin sighed. "I really can't say no to that face. I at least want to ask."

Seyoon's face broke into a large smile. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He ran to Jimin and hugged his legs. "I love you Appa."

Jimin smiled and ruffled the boy's hair. "I love you too kiddo."

-

After cleaning up breakfast and struggling to get Seyoon dressed I finally made time to call Namjoon.

The phone rang twice before someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Namjoon, it's Yoongi."

"Oh hey! What's up?"

"I was just calling to see if we could come by with Seyoon today. Jimin took the day off and we haven't seen Jiho in a while... also if you need any help with the wedding planning I'm sure Jimin and I could do our best to help out while the boys play."

"Yeah! That sounds awesome. We could definitely use the help and it will keep Jiho occupied while we're all busy."

"Great! We'll be over soon."

"Awesome. I'll leave the door unlocked for you guys so feel free to let yourselves in when you get here."

"Got it. Catch you in a bit."

I hung up the phone and began packing a bag of clothes for Seyoon just in case he asked to spend the night when we got there. Knowing that kid it was very likely that he would do that.

As I was packing Jimin came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I take it that we're going to visit the happy couple?"

I smiled. "Yes we are. Seyoon will be very excited." I pack the last of Seyoon's clothes and turn around. "I also offered for us to help with wedding planning."

Jimin gently kissed me. "You're such a sweetheart." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

I scrunched my nose. "No I'm not... I'm just offering to help out a friend." I ran my fingers through his soft, black hair. "I'm only sweet for you and Seyoon."

Jimin blushed. "Don't try acting all tough. I know the real you."

"Is that so?" He nodded softly. "Enlighten me... I'm very interested in hearing about 'the real me'."

He hummed softly. "Well for starters, when we first met I could tell you were wearing this 'though guy' persona. In reality you're soft... gentle... kind... responsible... and the most incredibly loving man I've ever met." He kissed me in between every pause between his words. "Seyoon adores you. He tells me all the time that he wants to be just like you... and I couldn't think of a better role model."

I shook my head. "If he walks down the same path that I did do you know what that will entail for him?" Jimin stayed quiet. He knew this conversation was taking a painful turn for me. "Disappointing his parents to the point of being forced to leave home. Basically living on the street for a year until he's able to finally get on his feet. Getting screwed over by anyone and everyone he has ever trusted... shall I keep going?"

Jimin cupped my face with his hands. "What about falling in love? Caring about two people who came into your life through a fucking ad? Becoming a father?" The look in his eyes was serious and full of determination. He really did mean everything he was saying.

"Look who's the sweetheart now." I flashed him a small smile. "I'm sorry about all of that. Seyoon isn't going to go through all of that and I know that it's just... I don't want to see him go through what I did. He's one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I don't want him to get damaged like I was."

Jimin pulled me into a tight hug. I could feel his heart pounding in his chest. "You may have been damaged then, but not anymore. Take a minute to think about where you are right now and what's good in your life. That's enough to fix it right?" He pulled away enough to look at me.

I pressed my forehead against his and let out a deep breath. "It's more than enough."