7

I spent a few hours trying to clean up my apartment for Jimin. He would be here any minute and I wasn't even ready yet.

My hair was alright, but I had no idea what to wear. It was easy to admit that I was attracted to Jimin and definitely wanted to impress him tonight, but it had been so long since I had gone out on a date... if this even was a date.

I heard to annoying buzz of the call box and knew it had to have been Jimin. Quickly I let him in and apologized for the mess. "Sorry about this... I'm not really used to having company over yet so I don't know where to put everything."

Jimin just smiled and looked around. "You just moved in about two months ago, right? That must've been pretty hectic." He was trying to show that he understood why my things were strewn about but it only made me more tense. Between work and moving in I haven't had much time to relax lately.

"It was. I'm still trying to get everything where I want it though." I needed to stop making up excuses for my mess. I was honestly just too lazy to fix it properly. Jimin was here for a quick tour and then we could leave for dinner.

He noticed the photographs on the walls and went closer for a better look. "Are you into photography?"

"Uhh... a little bit. I really only photograph things that I find beautiful in the moment so I wouldn't call it a hobby. It's just something I started doing in high school." It was weird having someone other than Hoseok talk about my photos. It made me feel a little nervous.

"Well they certainly are beautiful." The way he admired every detail of each photo gave me a warm feeling. It was such a beautiful sight that I almost ran to grab my camera just so I could remember this moment. "Yoongi?"

I shook my head to regain my focus. "Sorry... what was that?"

He smiled and grabbed me by the hand. "I said we should probably get going."

-

We arrived at the restaurant after about 30 minutes of fighting over directions and picking on each other for accidentally pronouncing words at times of frustration. It was a huge building decorated with an indoor garden and dark brown tables to accents the surroundings. It was absolutely amazing.

"Jimin... I don't know if I can afford to eat here." I was a little embarrassed to admit it. I had never been to a place like this and he had already made a reservation so I felt extremely out of place. "Most of my money goes to my bills and gas for my car. The rest goes into savings so I can support my family back in Daegu."

Jimin gave me a sympathetic look which only made things worse. I didn't want him to pity me because I wasn't rich or something.

"We can go somewhere else if you want. You can pick the place." He gently held my hand. I hated myself for making things difficult for us.

I nodded softly and we got back in the car. We drive down a few blocks to a little ramen shop run that was family owned. Since living in Seoul, Hoseok and I had become regulars in there.

"Min Yoongi! Nice to see you've come back! We haven't seen you in a few days." The store owner was an old man, probably in his 60s. He always wore a kind smile and made sure I was completely satisfied with the food before I left. This was like my second family. "Hobi was just here. I haven't seen the two of you together in a long time... did something happen?"

I slightly squeezed Jimin's hand. Things between Hoseok and I were pretty rough recently. It hurt to even think about him like this. "No sir, everything is fine. Our schedules just haven't been lining up lately."

I could see out of the corner of my eye that Jimin wasn't buying my cover story. My whole demeanor had changed and he picked up on it pretty quickly.

"I was just checking. He seemed pretty upset, but he told me you were just busy." The man gave me a small smile before leading us to our table. "Just know that you can always talk to me if you need any help."

The old man left and Jimin turned back to me. "What happened? And before you try to pull that crap on me you should know that I'm good at telling when someone is lying to me." He crossed his arms and glared at me.

I let out a heavy sigh. "We've just been fighting a lot. He has been going through a lot and I try to be there for him and help him out, but it's just become too much for me." My heart ached. He was my friend and I felt like I was abandoning him... I felt selfish.

"What do you mean by that?" I could see in his eyes that Jimin really did care. He showed genuine concern in the problems I was having.

"I just want him to be happy, but I can't do what he's asking of me. I don't feel what he's feeling." I hoped he understood what I was trying to say.

He just nodded softly. "So he's in love with you... right?" He waited for my response but I just looked down at my menu although I already knew what I wanted. "You shouldn't feel bad just because you can't return his feelings. If he can't accept that then he was never really your friend in the first place."

Jimin had a good point. "I'm just tired of losing people because I'm not what they want me to be."

Jimin took my menu away from me so I wouldn't be distracted. "You don't have to be anything for anybody. Jus being who you are should be satisfactory for someone who really loves you." His eyes met mine and just stared for a few seconds before he looked away. "You're something special... so don't let anyone make you think otherwise."

A/N: I lowkey relate