22

The next morning, as predicted by Namjoon, was complete hell for Jimin. We woke up to Seyoon jumping on top of both of us to get us out of bed.

"Seyoon... please be a little quieter. Appa has a headache." Jimin grabbed the little boy and snuggled him to keep him still.

"Noooo... let me go!" Seyoon giggled and squirmed under Jimin's hold. He was so caught up in trying to escape that he accidentally kicked Jimin in... well... you know.

Jimin groaned loudly and quickly let go of his son. "Oh god... Seyoon please... can you go watch tv until I get up?" He rolled over in the bed and curled into a ball of pain.

I got out of bed and picked up Seyoon, carrying him into the living room to watch cartoons. "Yoongi hyung, I'm hungry." He jumped onto the couch and grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. I could hear the sound of Finding Dory come on."

I prepared a bowl of cereal for Seyoon and made sure he would be alright if I left him to tend to Jimin for a moment.

As I was exiting the living room Seyoon's tiny voice piped up. "Yoongi hyung?" I turned around and saw that he had a sad look on his face. "Is appa mad at me?"

I crouched down next to him so that we were on the same level. "Your appa could never be mad at you. He loves you more than anything."

A small tear rolled down his chubby cheek. "But he told me to go away... and I hurt him."
The poor kid was too young to understand that Jimin had a really bad hangover from last night, but he did know that he was in pain.

I wiped the tear off his face. "I know, but it was an accident. You didn't hurt him on purpose. He doesn't feel very good today... do you want to come with me so you can apologize to him?" He nodded softly and stood to follow me into the bedroom.

We entered the room to see Jimin, still curled up in a ball. I spoke softly so I wouldn't hurt Jimin's head. "Jimin... somebody wants to apologize to you."

I nudged Seyoon in Jimin's direction. He immediately started crying as he crawled into bed with Jimin. "I'm sorry appa... I didn't mean to hurt you. It was an accident."

Jimin hugged the boy to console him. "Shhhh... it's alright Seyoon. I know you didn't do it on purpose. There's no need to cry." He wiped his son's face and kissed his forehead. "Appa is not feeling well so do you think you can be good for Yoongi hyung today?"

Seyoon sniffled. "Yeah." He hugged his dad one last time before sliding off the bed.

"Seyoon?" The boy stopped in the doorway. "I love you."

Seyoon smiled. "I love you too."

-

I decided to take Seyoon out to the park to help him get out his energy while Jimin recovered. He ran around the playground, slid down the slides, and played with the other kids.

I sat on the bench, watching him have the time of his life. "Seyoon! Stay where I can see you." The kid climbed to the highest part of the playground and looked down at me. I waved at him and he smiled.

"I see you!" He waved back. "Watch me go down the big slide!" He turned and slid down the curly slide, screaming the whole way down.

"He's cute." A woman sat down next to me. "Is he yours?" She watched Seyoon jump down from the end of the slide and run after one of the other kids.

I remembered what Jimin had said about Seyoon's mother wanting to take him. This woman didn't really bare much similarity to him, but I couldn't be too careful considering I had never seen her before. "Yeah."

She smiled and turned her attention to me. "You look so young to be a father. Is his mother around?"

She was making me nervous. "Oh, thank you. And, no, she had to work today. I thought it would be nice to take him out and enjoy the sunshine today." What kind of stranger just starts asking random questions about someone else's kid? That definitely raises some alarms in my mind. "Do you have any children here?"

She pointed to a little girl who looked to be close to Seyoon's age. "That's my little girl. Her name is Nari." I saw the girl run up to Seyoon, tag him on his arm, then run away giggling. "It looks to me like she's taken a liking to your boy. She's normally really shy."

Seyoon chased after Nari. The two were very cute, but I didn't like what she was implying about them. "He's a very friendly kid. He plays with anyone willing."

This woman gave me a weird vibe. I figured it was time to get Seyoon out of there. I stood from my stop on the bench and made my way towards him.

Seyoon saw me and ran towards me. One he was close enough I picked him up and hugged him closely. I took one last look at the lady who sat next to me before carrying Seyoon away from the park.

The whole thing about Seyoon's mom and Hoseok was starting to get to me. I had become extremely paranoid that everyone wanted to hurt my family or take them away.

"Yoongi hyung, why are we leaving? We just got here." Seyoon was so confused. He didn't complain though, he was really good about that.

"I know we did... I just got a text from Appa saying that we should come home. He has something important to tell me." I rushed Seyoon to the car and decided to drive around a little bit before going back to the house. I couldn't risk the possibility of someone following us.

"This isn't the way home." Seyoon was not easily fooled. He watched from his car seat as buildings, unfamiliar to him passed by. "I thought Appa needed you."

"He does. I just got a little lost, but we're headed home now." I turned onto our street and pulled into the driveway. I looked around and didn't see anything suspicious. I unbuckle Seyoon and helped him out of the car. "Can you go play in your room while I go talk to Appa?"

Seyoon nodded and followed me inside. The boy ran straight to his room and began playing in his own little reality. He had a big imagination, but I suppose you have to in order to be an only child.

I entered the bedroom and found Jimin in the same place I left him, except now his hair was wet and he was in different clothes. I leaned against the doorway and admired him. "I see you took a shower."

He smiled as he noticed me. "I thought you were going to the park." He patted the bed beside him, inviting me to join him.

I took him up on his offer and sat next to him. He snuggled next to me and kissed me gently before resting his head on my shoulder. His damp hair pressed against me, but I didn't care. "Yeah... we were the for about 15 minutes before I started getting really paranoid. There was this woman that kept staring at Seyoon and asking if he was mine so, naturally, I said yes. She just made me uneasy."

Jimin stayed quiet. I'm sure he was considering the possibility that it was Seyoon's mother.

"She was there with a little girl. She looked to be a little younger than Seyoon... maybe the same age." I didn't know if that would ease him concerns, but I thought he should know. "I figured it was best if we just come home."

Jimin nodded. "I would've done the same thing. I'm glad you came home."

I sighed. "I didn't want to take him from having fun, but I got scared something would happen to him."

Jimin grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Welcome to the world of parenthood. Everything scares the hell out of you."