14

A/N: So I've had kind of an issue lately since I've kind of fallen out of the kpop world... idk I guess I kinda lost interest which really isn't a bad thing guys so don't freak out this stuff happens sometimes I'm just growing my interest is shifting to other things. And I thought about ending my current stories and just starting over because I've done that once before on Wattpad and it worked out well I guess, but idk I really love this story and hate to just end it. I want to keep going and see where it goes so just tell me what you think and maybe I'll even take some ideas if you've got any?? We'll see. Idk yet... I haven't decided officially what I'm doing.

-

Jimin left for work later that morning and I was left alone with Seyoon once again.

I was really excited to play with him. He had a sort of light inside him that always seemed to warm me up, even on a bad day.

I waited on the couch in the living room until Seyoon woke up. While I was waiting I put on his favorite cartoons and wrapped myself in a blanket. Before the kid could show up I ended up falling asleep.

"Yoongi hyung... psssstt... hyung. Are you still sleeping?" I felt tiny hands grab hold of my face. The hands stayed there for just a moment before releasing me.

I was awake enough to acknowledge Seyoon, but I wanted to see what he would do to me if I pretended to sleep just a little longer.

Seyoon turned around and ran to his room only to come back moments later with something in his hands.

"Here you go." He placed the object close to my face. "That's my favorite puppy dog. Appa says that grandma gave him to me a long time ago, but I don't get to see her very much. I sleep with him every night so he'll protect me from the monsters... but he can protect you too!"

I thought my heart was about to burst. This child is so pure. He wasn't scared of monsters because of his stuffed puppy and wanted me to feel safe too.

I couldn't help it anymore. I pretended to wake up with a little smile on my face. "Good morning Seyoon... did you sleep well?"

He smiled widely. "Yes! I was safe from all the monsters because of my puppy dog!" He picked up the puppy and held it close to his heart. "He saw you on the couch and came to rescue you!"

My heart couldn't take it. His cuteness was goin to be the death of me.

Seeing Seyoon like this made me really happy that I had the opportunity to help raise him with Jimin. Although Jimin and I had only made our relationship official that morning, I started to think that the idea of being a part of this family would be incredible. I was starting to see what Jimin was so excited about.

I patted the puppy on the head. "Thank you."

Seyoon smiled so wide his eyes disappeared. "He's super strong and he... he scares all the monsters away when it's dark and you're sleeping." The boy placed the dog in my lap. "He likes you."

Oh. Sweet. Lord. The cuteness with this child. Why is he trying to kill me with it? It's too early.

I let out a light chuckle. "I like him too." Did Jimin really do this all by himself after Jungkook left?

I started to think about all the stress that he must've been through while evening a single parent trying to deal with a child Seyoon's age and provide for their family all at once.

How long must he have done it all?

I quickly snapped back into babysitter mode and went back to tending to Seyoon. "Hey, are you hungry?"

Seyoon jumped up and down. "Yes!" He giggled and grabbed the dog, running back to his room. "It's time to get dressed!"

I rolled off the couch and sleepily made my way down the hall and into the boy's bedroom. He was standing on a stool with his dresser drawer pulled open, looking through his clothes as if he knew what he were doing.

"Seyoon... let me pick something for you." I picked him up and put him down on the floor out of my way.

"No!" The boy pushed his way in front of me again. "Appa says I can choose sometimes!"

I rolled my eyes. I wonder if he's telling the truth or if maybe Jimin deals with this protest on a daily basis.

Seyoon reaches into the drawer with his tiny hands and pulled out a very colorful tank top and stripped shorts. "I want to wear this!"

I shook my head at him. "Seyoon, its winter. You're going to freeze if you go outside wearing that." The poor kid didn't quite understand the concept of changing seasons. To a kid like him, it could be winter today, summer tomorrow, and spring next week.

Seyoon stared at me as if he were waiting for me to agree with him. "Appa says I can choose!" He whined and complained for a good ten minutes before I grabbed him by the hand and walked him outside to feel the cold air.

The stubborn boy had the audacity to insist he wasn't cold at all despite shivering and clinging to my leg for warmth. "That's it. We're going back inside before you catch a cold. You're wearing what I pick for you and that's final."

Once we're inside Seyoon doesn't protest anymore. Sometimes you just have to be the bad guy in order to get things done properly. Sure, Seyoon was now mad at me and refusing to speak, but at least he'll be warm.

I put away the outfit he had picked out and pulled out something a little more seasonally functional. "See? Now you're all warm and toasty." I pulled a white sweater over his head and helped him step into his pants.

Seyoon crossed his arms and put a pouty look on his face. There was no denying he was his father's child whenever he didn't get his way.

I knew something that could change his mind. "Hey Seyoon... do you want to go pay your appa a visit today?"

His face was instantly beaming. I knew he missed Jimin because he's away so often. He doesn't have a mother around to look after him or show him a normal parent's love and attention that is critical for a child his age. I can't imagine the kid of feelings he'll have towards Jimin and his mystery of a mother once he's older.