28

A/N: sorry I've been away for so long. Since my last update I now have two jobs, I moved out of my parents house, I got an emotional support dog for my anxiety, and I had a birthday! I've gotten promoted three times at my new job so I'm now Part Time Assistant Manager so I stay busy constantly. I feel like my life is moving in a positive direction right now and I'm really looking forward to everything that is to come this year. Thank you for supporting me and my writing for so long it has really given me confidence over the years and I hope I can convey how much you guys and writing mean to mean through this. Thank you for being so patient with me I'll do my best to try and find time to update more regularly... idk how well that will hold up

-

Jimin decided that he felt well enough to go back to work despite being hungover and dealing with seeing his ex's new arm candy around the studio. Once he left I went over to Namjoon and Jin's to pick up Seyoon.

On the drive to their house I couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to have a run in with my past.

Maybe it was because Jimin was dealing with his past, or maybe it was seeing how Namjoon and Jin are moving forward with their life. Although I know Jimin and I are moving in that direction as well, I can't help feeling like I'm just saying in place right now.

I turned up the volume on the radio to try to drown out my thoughts. It was pointless to worry about things that weren't happening.

-

I pulled into the driveway and turned off my car. Soon after knocking on the door Jin answered looking very sleepy.

"Hey... the kids are still asleep. Do you want some coffee?" He stepped aside to let me in.

"Sure." I followed him into the kitchen and made myself comfortable in a chair at the bar. "Did they give you much trouble last night?"

Jin shook his head softly as he poured me a cup of coffee. "After you two left, the boys decided to watch Frozen. They stayed awake through about half of it."

I couldn't help but smile at that. Like Jimin, Seyoon had trouble staying awake during movies. It was just one more thing that proved he was indeed his father's child.

I sat quietly for a moment, thinking about Jimin. "Can I ask you something?"

Jin looked up from the mug he had been mixing coffee creamer into to look at me. "Anything."

I sighed. "How do you know when you're satisfied with where you are in your life? It's not that I'm unhappy because I've honestly never been happier with my life than I am right now it's just... how do I know that when I'm content with it all?"

Jin set the drink down in front of me and leaned against the counter. "Yoongi, no one is completely satisfied with their life. There will always be a feeling of wanting more or an uneasiness inside of you." He took a sip from his own mug. "You just have to realize that the uneasiness is a good thing. It's good to want to do more with your life and with your relationship and with your family... but you have to do it on your own terms and when you're ready. If you're asking me to tell you when to pop the question on Jimin I'm going to tell you two things: when you honestly feel like taking the next step with him is what you're both ready for... and don't do it at my wedding."

I was thrown a bit by then end of his advice. "Wait. When did anyone say anything about us proposing to each other?"

Jin rolled his eyes. "Joon and I aren't stupid! We see the way you two look at each other and how you talk to each other. That's real love. When I see you two I see a couple that is meant to be together."

My face felt hot. Was I blushing? Damn. "Actually... I hadn't really thought much about when Jimin and I might get married. I mean, it makes sense that we should considering I already live with him and Seyoon treats me like his father." I looked down at the mug in front of me to keep myself from rambling on about every little reason that now is the perfect time to get married. "It's just a big... kinda scary step. It sounds so incredible in every way and I want that with them, but it's terrifying."

Jin sighed. "I can't kind of understand that. You and I are in the same boat! Becoming not just a husband, but a father all in one day." He looked in the direction of his family's bedrooms and started beaming. "But all of that is just a title change when you really think about it. We're both already living in the glory that is the domestic life."

I had never realized how wise Jin was. His words gently melted away any worry left in my body until I began imagining my life a few years down the road.

Jimin and I would be married, Seyoon about ten years old. Who knows, maybe at some point we adopted him a little brother or sister. I'm sure he would go crazy over us bring a baby into the house.

My career might finally take off and we can take family vacations to places like Hawaii or somewhere surrounded by mountains. I'll buy a minivan and embarrass Seyoon when I pick him up from school with all of his friends standing outside.

The more I thought about it all, the more I wanted to find a jewelry store and splurge on a ring right now.

When I finally snapped out of it Jin was studying my face intently. "You saw a piece of what you want right? All the good stuff that can come out of promising yourselves to each other?"

I smiled wide and gave him a quick nod as a response. "Maybe you'll be planning my bachelor party next." A gave him a wink and he rolled his eyes.

"I swear to god Yoongi if you propose at my wedding I will castrate you."