6

A few weeks later

Jimin was given the day off from work, but thought it might be fun for Seyoon to go out with both of us for the day. We decided to take the kid out to the park so he could play with some other children his age.

As soon as we arrived Seyoon took off to play on the playground. He got excited by all the colors of the park and left Jimin and I in the dust.

"Seyoon, please be careful!" Jimin watched anxiously as his son ran around with the other kids. The two of us sat on a bench where we could watch him play in peace. "Thanks for coming along. Seyoon really loves having you around."

I was glad things were going so well with my job. The kid was a lot more fun that I had originally thought he would be. "I'm happy to be here. He's a great kid."

I saw Seyoon slide down a slide with a huge smile on his face then run after another boy. It was amusing to see how happy he was as he ran around the playground.

"Have you ever though about having kids of your own?" I was a little surprised by the question and turned back to Jimin. "You're just... really good with Seyoon so I thought you might be a really good dad someday."

I could feel a soft blush on my cheeks. Getting compliments from Jimin meant so much to me. He was leaving such a big impact on me already. "Uhhh... I don't really know. It's been kind of tough finding someone I'd like to start a family with."

Jimin smiled and gave me a friendly pat on the back. "Don't worry so much. There's plenty of women that would probably be so happy to be with you!" I nearly choked on my own spit.

Did he honestly think I was straight?

"Jimin... no." I shook my head lightly. Sure, I was in the closet. But I didn't know I hid myself that well. "I'm actually not interested in women... at all. They just aren't as attractive to me as men." I looked back at the playground to see Seyoon having the time of his young life. He was always sure to be careful while playing. "This won't effect my job, right? I really enjoy taking care of Seyoon when you need me to... I would like to continue that if you'll let me."

Jimin looked like he was ready to smack me for being so stupid. "I'm not going to fire you for being gay. That would make me no better than Seyoon's mother... and you already know I'm bisexual so why be worried I would fire you?"

I shrugged. Most people in Korea aren't very open about homosexuality so I had learned to be cautious around everyone.

At least Jimin could be part of a heterosexual relationship if he found the right person again. I was just going to be discriminated against no matter what.

Jimin hesitantly held my hand. He wanted to provide some sort of comfort, but didn't want to make me uncomfortable at the same time. It was pretty cute. "Yoongi hyung... I'm really happy to have you around. You've made things a lot easier for me lately and I really appreciate it."

His eyes trailed up to watch Seyoon sitting with the same boy he had been chasing earlier. They seemed to be having a funny conversation since the pair couldn't stop giggling.

"I want to invite you out to dinner as a thank you for working so hard." Jimin removed his hand from mine and brushed his hair back. "It'll just be the two of us... my friend Namjoon said he can take Seyoon if necessary. I've been planning to set up a play date for Seyoon and his son for a while anyway." He flashed me a quick smile. "So what do you think?"

It was such a tempting offer. I was dying to know more about Jimin and it would be great to talk to him in a more adult setting. I want to know what he's like when his focus isn't solely on his child. He deserves a break from work and home. "Yeah! That sounds fun."

"Great! So how about tomorrow night? I can pick you up at your place if you want." I could see the excitement in his eyes. He was so happy I had agreed to this.

"Sounds good to me. I'll text you the directions... you can pick me up at 8." I pulled out my phone and typed out directions to my apartment. "Where do you want to go?"

He read over the directions a few times then thought about my question. Clearly he hadn't worked out all the plans yet. "It's a surprise."