7 | Family Conversations

Freya and Lexi sit around a small table. A map lies in between them and a pointer is settled right over Morocco. Incense burns as Freya toys with one of the crystals in her hands. A shot glass sits in front of each Mikaelson and they both down the alcohol at the same time.

By the time they open their eyes, they are no longer in Lexi's apartment; rather, they are sitting at a table with a vampire in a witch's body.

"I told you this was better than exchanging stuffy, old letters," Rebekah smirks.

"Well, drinks with my sisters beats New Orleans drama any day." Lexi sighs, filling up her shot glass again.

"I'm surprised you went back," Rebekah admits, letting Lexi pour more alcohol into her glass as well. "What, with your happiness at stake and all."

"Well, I figured, why not just put Derek in danger again? Better than staying at home and eating takeout in front of the TV." Lexi grumbles.

"And the sex," Freya adds, a small smirk on her face. Lexi rolls her eyes as her sisters laugh.

"What?" Lexi asks, laughing herself.

"You two are the perfect couple," Rebekah tells her. "I just can't wait for him to meet Tristan."

"Oh, he has." Freya nods, leaning forward as Lexi stays silent, her fingers tracing her glass. "He wanted to kill him. Said he would end our collective troubles by taking a bite out of Tristan."

"That was very attractive," Lexi states, refusing to acknowledge Tristan. Her sisters laugh as she shakes her head. "I'm just worried about what he and Lucien are both doing in New Orleans."

"Lucien has always been a pain in the ass. Though, he pales in comparison to Tristan," Rebekah says.

"And don't forget the Strix," Freya grasps her glass. "There's more of them in the Quarter every day. I may yet join you here in the flesh."

"Well, I would love the company. Though, I might not be here much longer— I have a meeting with a Santería witch who many know the key to bringing Kol back," Rebekah states, causing all three of them to smile.

"We may unite the family after all." Freya sighs.

"Now tell me honestly, how are you managing with them?" Rebekah demands.

"Well, Niklaus and Elijah are on intermittent speaking terms." Freya shrugs.

"Which I consider progress," Lexi tells them. "They're both stubborn enough, though, that one thing could disrupt everything."

"I agree. The weather will change soon enough." Rebekah jokes. She grabs her drink, preparing to take a shot. "Now, I'm off to a witch rendezvous."

"Stay safe, sister," Lexi warns, taking her own glass.

"Here's to family, every bloody one of us," Rebekah says, raising her glass. All three of them toast before downing their drinks.

Lexi and Freya open their eyes to see the former's apartment again. They both stay silent, mulling over their reunion with their sister.

Lexi gets up first, blowing out the incense and making herself and Freya tea. "I've been thinking," Freya states, moving over towards Lexi. "You haven't told us what you and Derek were up to in Beacon Hills."

"The usual." Lexi shrugs, dipping tea bags into two cups of hot water. "We were carefree for a while up until Kate Argent came back from the dead. But, you knew that. After that whole incident, assassins tried to kill every supernatural there. The pack managed to save some but others were not as lucky."

"So, death then?" Freya asks. Lexi rolls her eyes as they both move to sit on the couch.

"Yes, more death and destruction." Lexi sighs. She takes a sip of tea before asking, "Do you know why I left in the first place?"

Freya nods, "To be happy with the man you love."

"Yes, but I never really left," Lexi admits. "I kept trying to help Hayley and kept calling you for help. I've never been this dependent on the Quarter before. It is definitely not my home, not even close, but it is like a train station. Derek and I, we're just waiting for the train to arrive."

"I understand. This town is crazy, especially with everyone's first sires: Klaus has Lucien, Elijah has Tristan and Rebekah has Aurora. I just hope that when that train comes, I can go with you without any guilt on my conscience."

Lexi chuckles softly before looking out the window. Her eyes narrow as she tilts her head. "I have a feeling we should check on our brothers."

"Why?" Freya questions as Lexi quickly pours her tea into a travel mug.

"Because I think I see the bar on its side," Lexi states.

Freya sighs, leaving her glass on the table as she follows Lexi across the street and into the compound. They walk in to find the whole place destroyed. The table is shattered as well as many chairs. The chandelier is on the floor next to a chair with a bloody stake on it. Freya goes to grab it but stops when Lexi scoffs. Freya turns to the other blonde and follows her gaze into the dining room.

Both sisters stop at the open door. Lexi leans against the wall, bringing her travel mug to her lips, as Freya stands straight, an annoyed expression on her face. "May I ask what happened?"

Klaus and Elijah just look up to their sisters. Both are covered in blood and their clothes are torn. Elijah has a bite on his arm as he plays with his torn tie. Klaus holds a glass cup as he lets his blood flow into it.

Klaus smirks, leaning back. "We had a little chat about the past."

Both sisters roll their eyes. "Yes, I'm used to your 'little chats' ending up in broken furniture." Lexi deadpans.

"I informed Niklaus I am not his enemy. And, though they entered the city under the guise of peace, Tristan and Lucien, in truth, are allied against us. A fact that required a little bit of gentle persuasion..." Elijah states.

"And so I reminded our brother, who angered them in the first place." Klaus looks back at Elijah.

"And after all of this civil discourse, what understanding did you come to?" Freya demands.

"That we expose and destroy out first sired," Elijah says simply.

"Of course." Lexi snorts. Klaus smiles wickedly as he slides the glass over to Elijah before pouring himself some bourbon.

"Couldn't agree more. You see, gentlemen know when to call a truce and turn our fury in a more pertinent direction." He holds up his glass, silently toasting with Elijah before both men down their drinks, eager to start the killing. 

I love Mikaelson family conversations. Hope you enjoyed!!