38 | Say Goodbye

Finn's pain-filled screams echo through the compound as he writhes on the couch. Freya is at his side, gently moving the hair from his eyes. Lexi sits next to him, his hand he'd tightly in hers. Derek is next to her, having refused to let her go for even a second. Elijah tries to steady Finn, but there is no use.

"Don't leave me in here! Don't leave me alone!" Finn cries out, his eyes screwed shut.

"Hey, hey, hey. You're not alone, Finn. I'm here," Freya murmurs against his forehead.

"Don't leave," he pleads with Elijah.

"Why is he talking like this?" Freya asks, tears in her eyes.

"It's hallucinations of our betrayal," Elijah responds, his voice tight.

"It's his nightmare," Lexi whispers, his grip on Finn getting stronger with each passing second.

Footsteps sound and Lexi doesn't need to turn around to know it's Kol. "Well, he looks awful," Kol drawls. "Werewolf bite. That's got to hurt, mate. So, Lucien's a bloody hybrid?"

"We don't know what he is," Elijah replies, tempted to roll his eyes at Kol. "His venom seems to work twice as fast."

"That's good," Freya says, her voice full of hope. "Maybe it'll work through his system twice as fast."

Kol shrugs, "Or it's twice as lethal. Now, if Niklaus doesn't get here in time, he might die... With a bit of luck..."

Suddenly, Freya punches Kol in the face. Kol whips out his vampiric features, hissing at her. "What is wrong with you?" Freya spits.

"Behave yourselves!" Lexi roars, her voice echoing over Finn's painful screams. "Both of you!"

Kol is about to retort but pauses when he sees the tears in her eyes. "You're on his side now?" He demands, the anger rising.

"Shut up, Kol." Derek snaps as Lexi leans down to press her lips to Finn's hand.

"You listen to me, you self-serving prick," Lexi demands of Finn, her voice wavering. "You do not get to die. Not here, not like this. You don't get to avoid me after what you did. So you have to heal. Not for you, not for Kol, but for me. So you can pay for what you did, without losing your life. So you can explain why the bloody hell you started to care about me again. So don't do it for you. Do it for me! Live for me if only to explain! Please!" Sobs rock her body as tears fall on Finn's hand.

"Sibling squabbling. How familiar," Klaus' voice mocks as he saunters into the room. "Although, the teams seem to have changed... Someone care to tell me why?"

"Our brother needs us," Elijah states, his voice firm.

Finn's moans and wheezes wipe the smirk off of Klaus' lips. He glances between his siblings and Derek before sighing. He rolls up his sleeve and bites his arm, offering it to Finn to drink.

Everyone stares in shock. Klaus? Helping? What has the world come to?

"Thank you, brother." Finn pants as he pulls away.

"How are you feeling?" Freya asks, kneeling beside him again.

"I feel," Finn pauses to search for the right word. "Strangely euphoric."

"I've been known to have that effect," Klaus smirks.

Kol claps his hands together dramatically. "What a precious family moment. Pardon me while I go and gouge my eyes out with a hot poker."

His siblings are less than amused.

Finn, surprisingly, is the only one who lets out a small chuckle. "I thank even you, Kol. Your little witch actually came through."