41 | Unworthy

Lucien's apartment has sun streaming in through the windows. All it does it expose the blood-stained carpet beneath the chained Mikaelsons' feet. Klaus chokes on the stake Aurora shoved through his throat as she smirks in front of him.

In the far corner, Derek is tied to a chair with wolfsbane soaked ropes. He growls in the couple's direction, "He's had enough."

"Look at you, pretty wolf," Aurora chuckles, stalking towards him. Klaus looks over, his blue eyes glistening with concern. "Defending Niklaus Mikaelson. I have it on good authority that you hate him."

"I hate you more," Derek snaps, his wrists twisting under the wolfsbane.

Aurora tuts, stroking a finger down Derek's face. He tries to bite her. She jerks away before grabbing his jaw in an iron grip. "You better treat me with more respect, Derek." She tilts her head to the side. "The only reason you are not dead yet is because I want your beloved to watch."

"She'll kill you before you can touch me," Derek spits.

"I'd love to see her try." Aurora releases him, sauntering over to Klaus and ripping out the stake. "That's it? Nothing more to say? No more taunts tripping from your tongue? Well, then, I suppose it's time I finish this."

Aurora positions the stake over her heart.

"What are you doing?" Klaus rasps, his throat still healing.

"I'm gonna drive this into my heart, die, and be reborn," she states. Fear begins to creep into Derek's heart. "And then, with the aid of my new-found power, I'm going to silence you permanently." Aurora sucks in a breath to follow through on her threat but stops when the elevator dings.

Derek's fear multiplies when he catches a scent. Her scent. "Well, it appears we have company." Aurora opens the door to find Cami standing there. "Camille. Lovely to see you again," Aurora smiles. "How is vampirism treating you?"

Cami sends her a fake smile, fear coming off of her in waves. "As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying it. That's why I'm here." She opens her coat, pulling out an ancient knife. "To express my gratitude."

Aurora practically sings, "Oh, you cheeky little minx! Have you come to have a go at me?"

"Get out of here, Camille," Klaus growls in warning. Derek twists in his chair, hissing at the wolfsbane.

"Shut up, Nik," Aurora snaps, spinning around. "This is between us girls. Though, I suppose I will let you listen to her cries as I tear off her limbs like the wings of a pretty, little butterfly."

"I'd like to see you try," Cami sneers.

"Oh," Aurora gasps mockingly. "You're brandishing your antiques at me. I suppose I would be scared if I thought you were quick enough to use them." The redhead slowly advances as Cami retreats. "You really did not think this through, did you?"

"Actually," Cami straightens her back. "We did."

The elevator dings again and a blur races towards Aurora, tackling her to the ground. Hayley lands on Aurora, her hand in the vampire's chest, ready to rip her heart out.

"Stop!" Derek yells, the ropes burning him from his struggle.

"She drank the serum!" Klaus tells them urgently.

Hayley scowls down at Aurora who begins to laugh. Hayley releases her heart and looks back at Klaus. The look costs her. Aurora snaps her neck in a second, throwing her body next to Derek.

"Nik, what a conundrum!" Aurora says, standing. "Mother of your child over here," She gestures to Hayley. "Woman of your dreams over here." She gestures to Cami at the door. "All that's left is your bitch of a baby sister. Who shall I kill first?"