27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down!" Marcel exclaims for the thousandth time. Hayley just rolls her eyes as Lucien groans from his spot on the couch. Lexi stands behind the couch, her head hanging down. Derek is at her side, his hand on her back.

Cora speaks up from next to Hayley. "Also, why are we trusting this guy all of a sudden?" She turns to Lucien, her eyes narrowing. "He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got."

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart," Lucien says weakly. "I'm sure your dear brother would know—"

Derek's hand shoots out to slap the back of Lucien's head. The vampire yelps, leaning away. "Shut up," Derek growls. The ends of Lexi's lips turn up for a moment.

"Anyway," Lucien turns away from Derek, scooting out of reach. "The moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well...words were said, hearts broken, veins drained."

"While on the subject of trust," Hayley glares at Marcel. "Who was it that handed my dead husband's heart to the people that helped murder him?"

"I bought your life with that heart," Marcel snaps. "But hey, you know what? You called me here, so if you have another plan, please, let's hear it."

"Simple. We storm the coven house, stop the Strix from completing the de-siring spell. Period," Hayley states.

Lexi shakes her head, biting her lip. Marcel scoffs, "Ok, well, that's easy for you to say. You're not sired by anybody, are you?"

"It's not just about de-siring," Lucien says. "We've got to stop an execution."

Marcel makes a face, walking over to the couch. "What are you talking about?"

"A lovesick teenage witch with a runner-up heart is somehow going to break the sire link? I'm sorry, but your darling Davina is in over her head, and Aya knows this." Lucien declares. "She will let Davina de-sire both brothers, then test the spell's success by firing a white oak bullet into Klaus' heart. I mean, it's win-win for her— if you live, Marcel, we'll, she's won. If not, at least she's eliminated the rival sireline, including me."

Derek turns to Lexi. She nods her head once, indicating that the vampire is right. It's a solid plan, one that Aya would most likely be using. It's also the worst case scenario.

Hayley sighs, having also seen the nod. "His prophecy witch said she saw Klaus die and his entire sireline with burn," she adds.

"She watched us fall, she watched us burn, every soul Klaus ever turned," Lucien sighs. Marcel's expression darkens to something worse than concern: fear. "When Aya tests this spell, Klaus will fall either way. And, if Davina fails, as she likely will," Lexi tenses as Lucien continues his rant. "The two of us will die as well."

"Actually," Lexi's head snaps up at the voice. A familiar vampire walks down the stairs, his eyes moving around the group. "Make that the three of us," Stefan Salvatore says.

Lexi stares at him, her lips parting in shock. Hayley also stands completely still, surprise written over her features. Lexi's eyes roam over his body, landing on his chest. Fear flickers over her expression as she senses the dark magic from his blood.

"Who the hell are you?" Cora demands, crossing her arms.

Stefan opens his mouth to speak, but Lexi beats him to it. "Stefan Salvatore," she greets, her voice hoarse.

Cora glances over her shoulder as Lexi carefully makes her way towards the vampire. "As in the doppelbitch's boyfriend?" Cora growls.

"As in the vampire who gave up his freedom for his brother," Lexi corrects her. Her eyes never leave Stefan's. "You have Rayna Cruise's mark on your chest."