17 | Get Out

"I got your message," Lexi states, walking into a small alley where Rebekah is waiting for her. She walks up to the other blonde, concern in her expression.

"I was halfway to the airport when I suddenly got the urge to rip out my taxi driver's jugular. I only just resisted." Rebekah sighs before pushing up her sleeve revealing a skull mark on her wrist. Lexi grabs it, shaking her head.

"No." She refuses, inspecting the mark.

"I'm afraid so."

"Freya... She can try something else," Lexi says desperately, looking back up into Rebekah's blue eyes.

"What if we've run out of time? I already went after Hayley and you. Who's next— Freya herself? Hope? And even if she can..." Rebekah looks down, licking her lips.

"You don't want to run." Lexi realizes.

"You know I always hated it." Rebekah lets out a defeated laugh. She thinks for a moment before reaching into her coat pocket. What she produces causes Lexi's eyes to widen as she steps back. Rebekah grabs her arm and says, "Hide my body. Don't tell a soul." She demands, her grip tightening around the silver dagger. "Especially not Niklaus. Let him be happy just for once. This is our burden to bear, yours and mine. And when the year that the prophecy foretold is over, have Freya work out a cure, wake me up, and throw me one hell of a party."

Lexi shakes her head. "I can't," she whispers, trying to tear herself from Rebekah's hold.

"Why not? Maybe the only way to stop this stupid prophecy is to embrace it! Control it! If we can control it, then maybe we can change it. When I am buried, the family part of the prophecy will be over. You will be able to trust them again... Elijah, Freya, Hayley, Niklaus. You can stop anyone, friend or foe, that comes at you. So do it, Lexi!" Rebekah yells desperately.

"No!" Lexi shouts as Rebekah forces the dagger into her hands.

"Do it!" Rebekah snaps angrily. "Lexi, do—"

Before Rebekah can continue, Lexi drives the dagger into her heart. Rebekah gasps softly as she looks from the dagger to Lexi. Rebekah tilts her head in confusion, unable to speak.

"Oh, sister," Lexi smirks, her blue eyes darkening. "You really shouldn't have fed the darling your blood."

"W-wha—" Rebekah tries to speak before Lexi drops her body on the floor.

"I must thank you," she says, kneeling down as Rebekah's body turns gray. "I've been trying for months to get out and, thanks to you, Rebekah, I have."

When Rebekah finally stops breathing, Lexi stands, the smirk still on her face.

Meanwhile, at the St. James Infirmary, Tristan and Aurora sit next to each other at the piano. "Here's to an even better tomorrow," The red head says cheerfully, returning to the keys. Before she is able to play, footsteps sound.

Tristan stands, alerted by the new presence. "Who's there?" He calls out, his arm going in front of Aurora protectively. A blonde walks into view, stopping right before Tristan. "What are you doing here?" He asks as if in a daze.

"Tristan, Aurora." Lexi greets, an impassive expression on her face. "I heard you want to take down these wretched Mikaelsons. I want to help."

"What are you talking about?" Aurora questions cautiously. "You do realize that you would be helping us take down your family, Lexi."

"Oh, my sweet Aurora." Lexi chuckles. "I want revenge on that family. They put me away— I destroy their lives in the worst way possible."

"Which is?" Aurora inquires, becoming more excited.

"Using their baby sister." She smirks, flipping her hair back.

Tristan's vampiric features come out as he hisses, "Who are you and what have you done to her?"

"Put those fangs away, they'll do nothing." She scoffs. "To answer your question, I may not be sweet Alexis, but I do know how to act the part. I've been watching her for years. I can fake compassion. What I cannot control is time. The only reason I'm here right now is due to darling Rebekah. We have limited time, so I suggest you decide fast."

Aurora thinks for only a second before nodding, "Anything to get back at Nik. Not that I care about Lexi for even a second."

"What about you, Tristan De Martel?" Lexi asks, her smirk growing. 

"You up for working with a fox?"

—|—|—|—

Derek stays on the couch as Cora paces in front of him. Both of them are thinking about Lexi: about how she all of a sudden got up and left. They don't feel betrayed or even mad, they're just concerned for her health.

When the door handle turns, both siblings freeze, turning to the door as it opens. Derek stands and watches as Lexi stumbles in. "Oh my god, are you hurt?" Cora exclaims, seeing blood on Lexi's shirt. She runs forward and inspects Lexi, and, to Derek's surprise, is not pushed away.

Lexi rubs the bridge of her nose as she walks to the counter, ignoring Cora. "Relax," she says weakly. "It's not my blood." She opens the fridge before muttering, "I think."

"What happened?" Derek asks cautiously as Lexi downs a bottle of water.

"Rebekah called." She deadpans, still rubbing her temples. "She asked me to do something, and I did it."

"What'd you do?" Cora demands.

Lexi looks up as if seeing both of them for the first time that night. "Um, Elijah cleaned up," Lexi answers.

"Cleaned up what?" Cora asks, looking back at Derek.

"Her, um..." Lexi licks her lips before sighing. "The mark was growing, I think, and she asked me to dagger her." The Hales stare at her in shock. "So I did, and I called Elijah. Excuse me." She practically runs into the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

Cora turns back to Derek, her mouth open. "What the hell is going on?" She demands.

"I'm not sure." Derek frowns, hearing Lexi breathing hard in the bathroom as if she were having trouble catching her breath.

"You don't think she actually did it, do you?" Cora looks up at him with round, brown eyes. "Daggered Rebekah?"

Derek stays silent, not knowing what to say. "I'll talk to her, I guess."

He slowly walks into the bedroom to see Lexi walking out of the bathroom with a cold towel pressed against her face. She had stripped off her bloody shirt, leaving her in only a bra and her jeans. He sits on the bed and waits for Lexi to throw the towel down and sit next to him. "Did you actually do it?" He asks softly.

"Yeah," she replies, leaning her head against his shoulder. "But I really don't want to talk right now. I just want to sleep."

"Do you really want to sleep or do you just not wanna talk about it?" He questions only to find Lexi already asleep against him. "I guess that was the truth." He mutters before taking a moment to notice her changed features.

While her skin had always been on the lighter side, it seemed even paler while dark circles only had just begun to appear around her eyes.

He sighs, looking away. "Just, please be ok." He whispers as if she's awake. "For me."

Sorry... Everything will be explained, I promise. Hope you enjoyed!