11 | Thanksgiving Dinner

Lucien stands at the bar, pouring himself a drink as Tristan arrives with flowers in his hand. "Aw, flowers for me? You shouldn't have." Lucien teases.

Tristan rolls his eyes, putting the flowers down. "The well-mannered bring a gift when invited to dinner. I assume you brought nothing?" Tristan retorts.

"Nothing but my deepest respect for you," Lucien replies sarcastically. "Oh, and a few jokes about your non-existent love life with the youngest Mikaelson."

Before Tristan has a chance to react, Klaus walks in wearing a black velvet suit jacket over his usual attire. "Lovely. We're all getting along," he says.

"Like a fuse and a match," Lucien tells him.

"I take it Aurora is on her way?" Klaus asks before footsteps sound.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Aurora sighs, walking in and wearing a dark purple dress with puffy sleeves. "Just freshening up. I did want to look pretty." She walks straight past Klaus and goes up to Lucien. "Well, well. If it isn't my old friend Lucien."

Lucien recovers from the shock of seeing her, saying, "Hello, Aurora. It's been ages. You look—"

"You look ravishing." Klaus takes her hand and presses his lips against it softly. Aurora's eyes find his as she watches. Tristan clenches his jaw as he looks away.

"Welcome to our home!" Elijah's voice carries across the room as he descends from the second floor. "I do wish it was under better circumstances. We all face a common threat— a prophecy warning that my siblings and I would all fall within a year." He pauses, surveying the sires' faces. "I fear my sister already has."

"Only as a precautionary measure, I assure you," Tristan says after a short pause.

"Interesting. You see, I would have called it an entirely unnecessary measure. We need to unite to prevent the prophecy from coming to pass. And, since any alliance is impossible without honesty." Elijah glances at Klaus before continuing. "Let us begin this evening's proceedings by formally acknowledging your clandestine alliance."

The men both shuffle uncomfortably before Lucien speaks up. "Now, gentlemen, before—"

Elijah is quick to patronizingly shush him. "Lucien, please. Let's not ruin the dinner before it begins."

"And, do try to bear in mind, we expect an honest and productive negotiation this evening!" Klaus expresses as Tristan nods wearily, refusing to look at the hybrid.

"But, there is one of us still missing," Elijah mutters to himself, fully aware that they can all hear.

"I apologize, Elijah." Lexi's voice booms as she walks in with Derek at her side. Tristan clenches his jaw again, looking at her dress.

The red dress accents her figure while also showing off her legs

The red dress accents her figure while also showing off her legs. "We had an unexpected guest as you know from my phone call. I couldn't very well say no to my friend, now could I?"