28 | Your Fault

(Quick warning: I drop an f-bomb because I believe that the situation calls for it... Just wanted to let you know because I don't usually curse with that strong language)

Lucien wakes with a groan escaping his lips. He goes to stand but finds his hands tied to a chair with vervain-soaked ropes. When he surveys the room, candles are all around, each flickering with a flame. The smell isn't as overwhelming as the herbs.

Soft chanting comes from the two blondes before him. Freya holds a large insect as a dead rodent lies on the table before them. Freya's free hand is in Lexi's.

"Onlucan et permette mon osti—"

"Did you have to tie me up?" Lucien interrupts them.

They both stop, turning their heads towards him simultaneously. "I need you not to move," Freya says as Lexi walks over. She kneels down, tightening the ropes.

Lucien hisses through his teeth as the ropes burn through the first layer of his skin. "You're a dark one, Freya Mikaelson. I never knew both Mikaelson witches are kinky in bed," he smirks down at Lexi.

Her expression is neutral as she raises her face to his and searches his eyes. As quick as lightning, a crack sounds through the room.

Lexi goes back to Freya as the stinging sensation sets in on Lucien's cheek. "Vervain ropes, penetrating spells—"

"Not a good enough reason..." Lexi mumbles, causing Freya to chuckle.

Lucien continues, ignoring the comment. "A few slaps to the skin... Throw in a Pinot and a cheap motel, and you've got the beginnings of a romance!"

Lexi tenses at the prospect of Lucien being welcomed into the Mikaelson family as a partner. Freya just laughs, "Well, you'd have to survive this first. You see, there's an anchor locking our brothers inside. Something representational. That's why they can't get out. But, we're going to bust into this little mental prison and shatter it from the inside."

"It's going to take most of our power and probably all of yours," Lexi states, tilting her head to the side.

"Oh, love, my stamina's never been an issue," Lucien purrs, his eyes narrowing seductively. Lexi glares at him, her eyes burning in rage. "Go on, have at it. I'll be bound to the edge of my seat until your return."

Freya smirks while Lexi rolls her eyes. They both kneel next to the table, raising their hands to the flame of a large central candle. "Onlucan et permette mon ostium." They begin to chant.

Lucien instantly starts to groan and wiggle in his chair. The ropes burn further into his skin.

"Onlucan et permette mon ostium. Onlucan et permette mon ostium. Onlucan et permette mon ostium. Dia a la vida!"

Freya and Lexi stomp into a large room. Lexi stops by the doorway, her blue eyes wide. Tristan and Aurora stand across from Klaus and Elijah. Each pair of siblings glares at the other. Freya quickly goes up to her brothers, demanding, "Quickly, find us what represents you in here."

"Us?" Tristan echoes, turning back to see where the Mikaelsons' gazes are focused. The moment his eyes focus on the blue ones before him, the air leaves his lungs.

The air seems to leave her's as well. But, her eyes hold only fear.

Lexi's lips part and her breathing picks up. She gulps, taking a step back. Her eyes dart from Tristan's eyes to the others.

When her eyes return to Tristan's, only hate appears. "It's your fault," she breathes. Everyone is surprised by the tone in her voice. Then, she yells, "This is YOUR FAULT!"

Tristan visibly flinches. "Alexis—"

"No!" She steps up to him, getting in his face. "You were the one who cursed Rebekah. You were the one who agreed to work with it!" She pushes him back, a tear falling from her eyes.

He stumbles back, his eyes wide. "I never meant to—"

"To what?" She begs. "What did you intend, Tristan? That you would lock them away and get to spend your time with me while a fucking fox possesses me? How could you think that?"

He stares at her, unable to answer. She grabs him by the shirt and pulls him towards her, snarling in his face. "What represents them?"

He stays silent.

"TELL ME!"

Suddenly, Klaus' throat begins to bleed, a large cut appearing across his neck. Elijah begins to call out his name as Klaus chokes. It isn't long before an identical cut appears on Elijah's neck.

Lexi throws the vampire into his sister, rushing to her brothers. Freya joins her, each sister worried as all hell.

Lexi grabs Klaus' face lovingly, trying to get him to focus on her eyes. His eyes. "I need you to focus. Show me what represents you so we can break you out."

Aurora takes a step forward as Klaus growls, "The kings..."

Elijah shakes his head, grunting, "The knights."

Lexi races to the chess board, not noticing the smirk on the de Martel siblings smirk. She picks up the black king and the white knight.

Her eyes glance between the pieces, turning back to her brothers desperately. She has tears in her eyes. It almost makes Tristan falter. "Which is it? The kings or the knights? We need to decide now!"

Freya shakes her head, unable to help the situation. But, when Aurora giggles, Freya's expression turns deadly.

"How perfect!" Aurora laughs. "Even in this crucial hour, your ignorance blinds you." She kneels down in front of a helpless Klaus. "Even if you never learn from your sins, at least you will die because of them...and I get to watch."

The chess pieces in Lexi's hands crumble to the ground. Her lips twitch up as she breathes, "The queens." Aurora and Tristan look at her, horror written on their expressions. She turns and grabs both queens in her hands, facing the group. "The women you betrayed represent you. Aurora and Aya."

Lexi throws the black queen to Freya. Both Mikaelsons chant and the pieces shatter, almost at the same time.

Freya and Lexi gasp, their eyes opening to find themselves back at the Mikaelson manor. They find Lucien unconscious and Freya instantly runs over to see if he is ok.

When she looks back, Lexi is gone.

Lexi confronts Tristan and, well... She's a bit upset.... um... yeah...

Hope you enjoyed!