47 | Friend, Foe, Family

Freya and Lexi are hunched over a table, the oracle's skull between them. Elijah approaches, asking, "Anything?"

"There are too many pieces, Elijah," Freya sighs, leaning back.

"Every time we get close to seeing something, it just fades away," Lexi adds, her hands still around the skull.

Elijah lets out a small frustrated sigh as he rests his hand on lexis shoulder. He gasps as both of them see something very different than Freya's face.

They hear voices echoing as if they are in a cave as Klaus' portrait drips blood. A grimoire is open to an unknown spell. A shadowed figure stands hunched over, fangs dipped in blood. When the shadow picks its head up, Lexi gasps in realization as the vision ends.

Freya is on her feet, standing next to Elijah when the vision finishes. Lexi stands, facing her siblings with wide eyes. "Finish it," Elijah orders.

Lexi grabs both of them by the hands as more visions enter their minds.

"You will all fall, one by friend, one by foe, and one by family."

Marcel stands on a lit bridge.

Elijah groans in pain from a bite on his arm. Hayley holds Hope in the background, her expression filled with horror.

Klaus is being pinned down as Marcel plunges something into his chest.

Elijah and Marcel share a drink.

Marcel plunges a stake into Elijah's back.

Four coffins.

The three split apart with a gasp. Elijah runs downstairs, the girls following him. "What the hell did I just see?" He demands.

"Vincent told me he found a way to extract the serum from Aurora," Freya explains as they make their way to the redhead corpse. "I was busy at the time, but if Vincent did steal the serum..."

"If he gave it to Marcel..." Lexi doesn't even finish the thought. "We're in trouble."

They stop before Aurora's body. Freya murmurs a spell as Elijah steps away, his phone in hand.

Elijah quickly comes back as Freya states, "The serum, there's no trace of it in her. We need to warn Klaus."

"He's not answering," Elijah says.

"Elijah, the power I stole from the Ancestors, it was enough to deal with Lucien, but that power's faded," Freya warns. "If Marcel takes that serum and becomes the beast foretold in the prophecy, I won't be able to stop him."

"Well, then," Lexi sighs. "You locate Niklaus. I'll find Marcel."

"You're not going alone," Elijah orders.

Lexi rolls her eyes. "Fine, come with me. Freya, please find him."

—|—|—|—

Marcel and Klaus stand on a bridge, looking out at the sunset. "You are so like me. Stubborn, full of anger," Klaus says.

"I'm nothing like you," Marcel snaps.

"You're wrong," Klaus chuckles. "You see I raised you in my image and yet, when you thrived, I allowed my worst fears to take root. Instead of feeling pride of the man you'd become, I began to feel a sense of unease of distrust. And I feared you would become my better."

"I never wanted to be better than you," Marcel explains. "Not until you started trying to hold me down." He almost feels sorry for what he has to do.

"I haven't done enough... well enough, when it comes to you," Klaus admits. "But you and I are bonded by fate, by history, and by blood and you, Marcel, will always be my family."