15 | Control Yourself

"Niax en at tem alach ti. Niax en at tem alach ti!" Freya chants, blood slowly pooling beneath her eyes. Lexi sits opposite her, eyes slightly open and glowing red. The younger blonde chants softly, concentrating only on the spell.

Freya opens her eyes to see a familiar man behind Lexi, staring at them disapprovingly. "You are dying for her." Finn spits, referring to Rebekah's condition. "Let Rebekah go. Let them all go!" Freya shakes her head, returning to the spell. "It will be just the two of us again."

"I will save her," Freya says, her eyes burning with determination. Lexi barely notices her older sister talking to thin air. "If I am at all important to you, brother, help me!"

Just then, Elijah walks into the room, a glass of water in his hand. He sets it down and rushes over to Freya after seeing the blood on her face.

"Freya, stop. Please," he pleads.

Freya jerks away, snapping, "No! Don't touch me! Do not stop me!"

"Listen to me— we must help Rebekah but we must not lose you in the process," Elijah tells her frantically before turning to the other Mikaelson. "Alexis, tell her."

Lexi stays silent, not noticing Elijah is even in the room. "Help me or get out!" Freya yells. She closes her eyes again and continues to chant.

Elijah watches her struggle for about three seconds before he bites his wrist and puts it in front of Freya's face. "This will strengthen you."

Freya hesitates as Finn leans down next to her ear. "As will my power. Just this once, sister. For you." Finn starts to chant as Freya feeds on Elijah's blood.

Elijah then goes over to Lexi only to have her grab his arm in a death grip. He tenses as her fingers squeeze his forearm. He lets out a breath of pain as he feels the bones start to break under his skin. "Alexis." He calls out, trying to tear his arm away.

Her eyes open, burning a darker red than usual. "Stay out of my way." She growls, her voice sounding almost demonic.

When Elijah manages to rip his arm out of her grasp, her eyes fade and her angry expression falls. "What?" She snaps.

"Ow." He motions to his arm, his expression annoyed.

"I'm gonna check on Rebekah." Lexi decides, standing on shaky legs and walking out of the room.

Once out of earshot, she leans against the wall and takes a deep breath. She shakes her throbbing head before a thud draws her attention. "Rebekah?" She calls out.

Suddenly, Hayley and Rebekah come hurling out of a room and tumble to the ground floor. "What the hell?" Lexi mutters, rushing to the railing. She watches as both girls steady themselves. Rebekah's eyes are pitch black as she lets out a battle cry. "Oh sh—" Lexi is cut off by Hayley's roar of anger.

Rebekah kicks Hayley in the stomach before backhanding her across the face. Lexi jumps down to the ground floor and can hear Elijah rushing their way. Hayley staggers back to her feet as Lexi grabs her and pushes her back.

Elijah grabs Rebekah as she lunges forward. Hayley pants behind Lexi's protective arm as Elijah keeps Rebekah still. "Listen to me. Listen to me!" He yells. Rebekah ignores him, choosing to struggle to get to Hayley. "Rebekah, look at me! Rebekah!" She reluctantly looks up at him, her eyes still pure black. "Control yourself."

Rebekah sighs, closing her eyes. A moment later, Rebekah's blue eyes stare back at Lexi. "Dear brother, I have control," she says monotonously.

Elijah relaxes, letting her go. "Good."