The hunt for Paul

Ok Jake your go. I say as I see Paul slowly getting up and running to the woods....

Where is he going? I ask

Probably to his little "girlfriend" Leah says with a pissed off look on his face.

I don't think so. I'm going to follow him to make sure he's ok. I'll be back.

I'll go with you. Jake says getting up.

No. Stay here. I'll be fine by my self. I say

Ok. Stay safe Berta. Howl if you need us. Sam says

I will Sammy. I say as I run into the woods to find Paul.

Paul. Where are you going? I ask as I see him running in front if me

Paul! I yells as he runs further.

Paul! Stop! I yell as he continues to run.

Ok then looks like I'm going to tackle him. I think to myself as I run the opposite path from him and cut across and tackling him to the ground. Paul stop. I say holding him down

Why did you suddenly leave? I ask while he refuses to look at me.

Pauly. Look at me. I say quietly but he doesn't.

What. you can't even look at me. Is that what our years of friendship has come to? First you stop talking to me and now you can't look at me! I scream while tears roll down my face.

Paul.... look at me. I beg

I have to go Rachel and I have a date. Let go of me Sarah. He says

No! I scream. I'm not letting I go of you because if I do I'm scared I'll lose you for good. I cry

Are you mad that I did the dare? Is that why you left? I ask

No. Paul says

Then what is it? Why are you so mad at me? I ask.

I... I have to go. He says getting up.

Fine. Have fun on your date wi... with your imprint. I say letting him go.

I will. Paul say as he gets up off the ground and walks away to Rachel's as I walk back to the pack and my brother.

(Paul's POV)
I hate to do this to her but it's for her own good. I think to myself as I watch Sarah let me go. I know by telling her that I have a date with Rachel tonight kills her but, it has to be done...to keep her safe. As she walks away my heart is screaming to run to her and hold her in my arms but my mind is telling me to protect her from Rachel. As for Jake, I can't blame him for loving her. She's beautiful. I think to myself. Once Sarah's out of my view. I drop to my knees and cry. I'm sorry Songbird. I love you and maybe one day I will be able to tell you without the worry of you getting hurt because of it. I say as I put my head in my hands and cry...
(End of Paul's POV)