Chapter 1

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

Hayley and I sat at a largely deserted bar at midday, and the bartender talked to us. "Third time in here this week." She said to me.

"I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne." I told her.

"You know, ladies in the 9th ward say my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish." Jane-Anne glanced across the room at her sister, who is working on the other side of the restaurant.

"I asked around the Quarter about our family....." Hayley began to tell her.

"And?" Jane-Anne asked.

"Nothing. Zero. I can't find a single person who remembers them." She answered.

"Because, Hayley, people like you and Alex were run out of here years ago." She said and I lean closer to her, after I looked around to make sure no one was listening in.

"What do you mean, people like us?" I asked her. Jane-Anne then walked around the bar to the other side to stand in between Hayley and I. She sat a map on the bar in front of us.

"In the bayou, they call the werewolves "Roux-Ga-Roux"." She circled a place on the map. "You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for. Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go." She said and Hayley took the map from her. We both nodded and smiled at her, before we left the bar.

~

It took us all day to get where Jane-Anne said our family was. Hayley parked my car somewhere in the bayou and looked at the map again. I looked at the map too and ignited into flames. "What the...?" Hayley tossed the flaming paper out of the window. She put my car in reverse, but the car started to produce smoke and stopped working.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked with a sigh as I got out of the car. I dialed a number on my cell phone. "Hey, I'm looking for a tow service?" Hayley got out of the car as well.

My phone produced an ear-piercing noise. I pulled it away from my ear, grimacing in discomfort. I threw it on the ground and covered my ears. I saw shadowy figures begin to approach us, from the trees. Then everything went black.

~

Hayley was still asleep while I woke up awhile an hour ago. I was still wrapping my head around what the witches had told me. I was pregnant with Klaus's child. I'm pregnant. Hayley's head was on my lap. I brought her here, she's my responsibility. I have to keep her safe.

"Bring her out!" I heard Sophie yell.

Three witches came in to get me. I got up and placed Hayley's head down slowly, trying not to wake her up. I walked out with the witches and saw Elijah. He was looked at me with interested, while I seemed a bit confused.

"Elijah. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Give us a moment, please." Elijah said to them.