Chapter 25

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Her Outfit ^^)

I was telling Hayley everything that happened last night. Everything thing I found out, learned, etc. She was happy that we were related though. Until I heard Elijah shouting. "Alex! Hayley!" He yelled. We looked at each other and walked upstairs. Klaus has been taken by the witches along with Rebekah. I was worried about them both and so was Elijah.

We walked back into the room. "Elijah! You're back. Did you find any..." I stopped when I realized that Elijah is both shirtless and covered in tattooed names, and gapped awkwardly. "...thing?" I looked at Hayley to see she had the same look of confusion on her face.

"What is happening?" Hayley asked.

"I need you to make a list of these names." Elijah said to her and she nodded. Hayley waited on Marcel as I began to examine the names tattooed across Elijah's shoulders, arms, back, and abdomen.

"Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Elijah said and Marcel rejoined us, handing the paper and pen to Hayley.

"It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears." Marcel said and I nodded. I don't care as long as it helps us find Klaus.

"Why? What's the point?" Hayley asked as she started writing down the names.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between Alex and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names." Elijah explained to Hayley

"The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out." Marcel said and walked out of the room. I stood in front of Elijah and he looked at me.

"We will find him. I give you my word." Elijah said and I nodded.

"I know. It's just I'm scared. I can't lose him again, Elijah." I said and he looked down. Elijah was there when I thought Alaric killed Klaus. If it happened now, right before I gave birth to our kids. I don't think I could live with myself.

~

Hayley and I were on the phone with Elijah. We were in the living room. "She killed herself?" Hayley asked him.

"Yes, drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste was clearly tired of the body and ready to take Sabine's." Elijah said.

"How do you know that?" Hayley asked him.

"Because she leaped to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss." Elijah explained and I sighed.

"Poetic, I guess... in a creepy-vendetta sort of way." I said.

"All these names, these lives, stolen. So that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. Hayley, Alex, I have to go. I'll call you back." Elijah said.

"Elijah, wait!" I said.

"What is it?"

"Ask Marcel if he knows anything about a name on that list - Brynne Deveraux. Sophie said that it was her family's bloodline that put the curse on the Crescent wolves, but Celeste said that she was the only one that could break it. If Brynne Deveraux was actually Celeste when she cast the spell, then maybe Celeste can still break it." I explained to him.

"I'll see what he knows."

"Elijah, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. If I had known that Celeste made you choose who to help -"

"You were going to die in that fire Alex along with my brother's children. There was no choice." Elijah said and hung up before I could say anything else. I sighed. Klaus is in this because of me and I'm going to get him out of it.

~

I was typing on the laptop in the study with Hayley, when Elijah entered the room. "Hey, look, I found -" Elijah stopped me with a gesture to indicating he had news.

"You were right about the Deveraux witch." Elijah said and before we could say anything more, Marcel joined us.

"Find anything about Clara, the mystery witch?" Marcel asked.

"Not much. She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanitarium." Hayley answered him. I saw Marcel freeze and visibly began to panic.

"Recognize her?" I asked him and clicked on a picture. I point to her so Marcel and Elijah can see what she looked like. "Top row, second from the right."

"No, I don't. Marcel?" Elijah asked. He turned to look at Marcel to hear what he has to say, and noticed how alarmed and worried he looked. "Marcel? Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something, talk."

"The Sanitarium. That's where you'll find them." Marcel said.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" I asked him. This was the first real lead we had on finding Klaus.

"I just know."

"How do you know?" Elijah asked.

"If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I... I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It was, uh... something that you're not gonna like." Marcel explained to us.

Marcel had just informed Elijah, Hayley, and I that he and Rebekah had summoned Mikael to New Orleans in 1919. "For the better part of a century, I have wondered how Father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" Elijah asked him.

"Elijah -" I said but he ignored me and continued to speak to Marcel.

"Niklaus treated you like a son."

"Rebekah. I loved her. I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Marcel asked him and I rolled my eyes.

"When Klaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." Elijah explained to him.

"Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth." Marcel said.

~

Elijah and Marcel went inside to get Rebekah and Klaus. Hayley and I saw Celeste walking outside. We walked up to her from behind with a shovel. "Uhh!" She said and fell over when I hit her on the head with the shovel.

"Hey, there, witch bitch. You and I are gonna have a little chat." Hayley said and we smiled at each other.