Chapter 36

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up in the compound scared. I stood up and walked around. "Where am I?" I asked and saw someone in the doorway. I saw Mikael and he smirked at me.

"Greetings Alex." He said and I back away from him.

"You stay the hell away from me and my children." I yelled at him as he approached me.

"I assume you remember me, then." He said and I closed my eyes.

"This is a nightmare. I'm dreaming."

"On the contrary, my darling - this is very real." He said to me. He sped over to me and put me into a headlock, and I gasped in fright. "Welcome to my hell - stuck in an eternity of watching over that hideous creature my children call brother!"

"You're dead! How can I be here?" I asked myself, then realize how. "Oh my god! NO!" I screamed. I thrashed around in his grip. "Noo! The babies!"

"The babies?" I screamed again. "Those kids never had a chance! And as if your bloodline isn't filth enough, you poison it by merging it with Klaus'?" He laughed maniacally. "The deathless vermin, fancying himself a daddy?" He asked.

My eyes turn lupine-gold, and I shrieked as I pushed myself out of his grip and broke his arm by twisting it behind his back. Then, I picked up a coat rack and swung it at his head with all the force I can muster.

"They're not dead! I'm not dead! If I was dead, you wouldn't be trying to kill me!" I yelled at him. Mikeal healed and looked at me. "You're dead, Mikael. Your son already beat you!"

"He is not my son! He's a scourge, a walking symbol of weakness!" Mikeal yelled at me. I kicked at the banister of the staircase, broke off a piece of wood to use as a stake and made my way up the stairs as Mikael continued to stalk me menacingly.

"There is no saving those atrocities festering in your womb. Klaus will destroy them, one way or another. Better he dies now, and you along with it!" Mikael yelled and jumped up onto the second floor balcony, startling me.

"You made him this way!" I said and jumped down onto the first floor, so Mikael jumped down to follow me. I spined around rapidly and rushed behind him, stabbing him in the heart with the stake from behind.

"Ahhhhhh!"

"My children have an advantage Klaus never had - they will never, ever know you." I growled at him.

~

I woke up with a loud gasp on the table, blood still covering my mouth and neck. Klaus helped me sit up, and he rubbed my shoulder affectionately. I leaned against him, still in shock and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're alright, love. You're alright." Klaus said to me and I looked at him.

"I saw him. He tried to kill me." Elijah and Klaus seemed confused. "I saw Mikael." I said and Klaus shared a look with Elijah, before looking at me again. I held onto Klaus' arm tighter as he rubbed my back. "Can I -"

"You can stay." Elijah said and I sighed in relief. Knowing that I was safe with them.

~

I sat on my bed changed into different clothes because of the blood Klaus tried to feed me, when I was knocked out and talking to Mikael (Photo above ^^)

I sat on my bed changed into different clothes because of the blood Klaus tried to feed me, when I was knocked out and talking to Mikael (Photo above ^^). I noticed him, but he still stopped and knocked before he fully entered the room.

"You've proved quite resilient, little wolf. Fighters, all of you." Klaus said to me.

"I guess we've had to be. Especially lately." I looked at Klaus, but he was speechless. "Also, considering if Esther was there it would be a nice little reunion." He chuckled and walked up to me.

"Be happy she wasn't, or you wouldn't be alive right now." Klaus said and I nodded. I guess that's true.

"I've decided that I'm going to move back in." I told him.

"Well, I'm relieved to hear it." Klaus said softly.

"But no mouth-breathing bodyguards, no telling me what to do." I said and he smiled at me.

"All I ask is that the children are kept safe." Klaus said to me.

"And what about me? What happens after they're born?" I asked him. "If you try to take them away from me, I -" Klaus stopped me right there

"- Come with me, hmm?" Klaus asked and headed to another door, but stopped when he saw I wasn't following him. "Please. I want to show you something."

Klaus walked to the other door in my room. He opened the door to the room, which he has already set up to be a nursery, complete with two cribs, two bassinets, and two mobile hanging from the ceiling. One being Stefan's old mobile from when he was a baby. It was among other things I noticed in the room. I stared in surprise as I took in everything.

"Believe it or not, Alex, I would actually like you to be here. Our daughter and son should be raised by their parents, in their family home. And I would like us to go back to trusting each other again." Klaus said and I smiled as I touched the stars hanging from Stefan's mobile. I smiled at him affectionately.

"You, me, Elijah, and two miracle-babies, all under one roof? Sounds like a bad reality show." I said and Klaus chuckled nervously, then paused for a moment.

"Uh, you said you saw my father...again."

"Why do you still call him that? He's not your real dad." I said to him.

"He's done damage only a father could do." Klaus said beat. "What did he say to you?" I smiled warmly at him.

"Nothing true." Klaus considered this for a moment, and then genuinely smiled before walking up to me. I looked at the wall, on which Klaus had hung a painting of New Orleans. It included a cityscape at night with a large full moon painted in the sky above the buildings.

"I like the painting." I said.

"Good." Klaus said and I walked over to the self to see photos of Damon, Stefan and I.

"Did you -"

"Put photos of your brothers in our children's room? Yes, my love, I did." I smiled and kissed him. He kissed me back with so much love, I could drown in it. I pulled away and hugged him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're right." I looked up at him. "They're not my children, they're ours. Which makes them both Salvatores and Mikaelsons. And I want them to know both sides of their family." Klaus explained and I smiled at him, then looked at Stefan's mobile.

"Guessing that's the same reason, my little brother's mobile hanging over our son's crib?" I asked him and he laughed as we looked at the mobile. We then looked back at each other. "I love you Klaus."

"I love you too, Alex.... All three of you."